LYNX (Central Florida Regional Transit Authority)

MVTArider

I've spotted several of the new CNGs. I'm curious why they have white front and side destination signs and amber ones in the rear. Some of the Lymmo buses are white all around, but some have amber in the rear too. I think some of the most recent 40 foot diesels have white all around. What gives?

I was told the white ones on the rear are not that reliable. Then again, I've seen a lot of orange rear signs either not working or barely readable. To tell you the truth, Lynx is better off eliminating the rear signs entirely, just like Votran does. Votran has no buses in it's fleet with rear signs.

• 1 month later...

I'm shocked it's only 35 CNGs in service. I see them everywhere! For a few weeks after they entered service, I continued to to see Phantoms from time to time. But it's been a couple of weeks since I spotted one.

A phantom was spotted a couple nights ago doing the 436S.

I wonder what colors have the XN60s been painted. I hope there is at least one pink one. I know the latest Gilligs were painted hot pink, green, orange, red, and blue.

Here are the colors I would prefer to see them:

251-615 and 252-615 - Light Pink

253-615 and 254-615 - Hot Pink

255-615 and 256-615 - Green

257-615 and 258-615 - Red

259-615 and 260-615 - Purple

I wonder what colors have the XN60s been painted. I hope there is at least one pink one. I know the latest Gilligs were painted hot pink, green, orange, red, and blue.

Here are the colors I would prefer to see them:

251-615 and 252-615 - Light Pink

253-615 and 254-615 - Hot Pink

255-615 and 256-615 - Green

257-615 and 258-615 - Red

259-615 and 260-615 - Purple

Those colors are something I hope we see. I do hope we see some blue, but I'll be happy nonetheless. In other news, two retired buses have been reactivated.

539, a 2004 Phantom came back and was even refitted with a bike rack. 619, which was reported to be retired came back as well. I personally saw 619 on the 5th of March, thus confirming that indeed has returned into revenue service.

Normally, when Lynx retires a bus it stays retired, so this is indeed rare. 27-610, the NABI artic was seen painted fuschia (dark shade of pink). That leads me to believe 27-610 will be staying along with 26-610, which I didn't see yet.

Does anyone happen to have photos of LYNX's '93 Orion IIs, which were bought by TANK after retirement? I've been looking around but have not found any yet...

This is the only photo I've seen of these Orion IIs and the person who took it got lucky. They spent more time in the garage then on the road. Sadly, they wouldn't be the last buses from Orion to have issues, as the 1994 order also had issues until they were resolved, especially once Lynx took Orion to court over the problems.

http://www.barraclou.com/bus/orlando/lynx101.jpg

This is the only photo I've seen of these Orion IIs and the person who took it got lucky. They spent more time in the garage then on the road. Sadly, they wouldn't be the last buses from Orion to have issues, as the 1994 order also had issues until they were resolved, especially once Lynx took Orion to court over the problems.

Thanks for the link.

Sadly it seems that the issues on these were never fixed. I'm not sure if it was one of the ex-LYNX '93s or the '98s that TANK ordered new, but the steering went out on one while on the highway and ended up flipping over.

I heard from a manager at TANK that the '98s ended up somewhere in Iowa, though no one seemed to be sure where.

Quebec City had some and they were not on the road very often and they were '94s.

Thanks for the link.

Sadly it seems that the issues on these were never fixed. I'm not sure if it was one of the ex-LYNX '93s or the '98s that TANK ordered new, but the steering went out on one while on the highway and ended up flipping over.

I heard from a manager at TANK that the '98s ended up somewhere in Iowa, though no one seemed to be sure where.

Well, looks like they were a failure. Lynx has six CNG Orion Vs that were also horrible buses. I usually saw them on the 14 or 16. They ended their days on the 38 and hardly being used when Lynx retired them, prematurely. There was also two 1998 Orion Vs that were in the fleet that were lemons. 464-465, they were dubbed the evil twins and were retired in 2009-2010.

The entire 1994 diesel Orion Vs came with defects, mostly A/C problems. The 1998 order was suppose to have more buses, but for some reason Lynx only got two. Lynx had a many legal problems with Orion as well and that soured relationships with the company. 1999 was the last time anyone in the state ordered anything from Orion and it wasn't from Lynx, it was an order to Lakeland.

• 2 weeks later...

And this just happened. Man another victory for Lynx. 

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160415005083/en/Nopetro-Opens-Nation%E2%80%99s-Largest-PublicPrivate-Compressed-Natural

On 4/7/2016 at 0:35 AM, Big CJ said:

Awaiting verification on the sighting. All I know is they are parked at the garage.

It was discovered that the buses were actually four new CNG Gilligs parked in the garage, upon closer inspection from some folks I know of. I'm not sure how many new buses are coming from Gillig, but I heard the New Flyers are due probably this month.

• 1 month later...

I'll be in Orlando from the 21st to the 28th. Couple suggestions on what routes could the NABI 60-BRT, Nova LFS-A hybrids and New Flyer XN60's (If they have entered service) be seen on? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...