2010 Garage Transfers

323 Surrey Ctrl Stn

Novas do OK on hills, i live along the 28 on top of a hill and the deisel novas do better than the HEVs. but after talking with drivers, they say there are some hevs that do well on the hills as the engine doesn't kick in so quickly, and some have engines that don't start kicking in right away but the HEVs seem underpowered up hills.

These buses run well on Highway 91 & 99 (as well as George Massey Tunnel). Cummins Flyers are also good on running the freeways.

as do the older ones <_< no matter what we think the powers to be will send the coaches to where they think best

Should have kept some GM Hillclimbers. Remember taking those to go up to SFU...wow.

I recall a rumor about several potential HEV's coming to Surrey. Had my doubts because of the terrain in Surrey and the vast distance in between stops. No idea why they still run them up SFU...

Well they run em up SFU because since there are a few stops on the hill, it gives the bus a chance to recharge its battery to braking and has power left to make it up all the to the loop on top. with surrey, hmmmm i doubt it.

Depends on the route, I think. An HEV would be fine on the 502, for example, because it's just stop, start, stop, start, all the way along Fraser highway.

Just want to comment on the nova statement and hills. I was driving the 144 today and the Nova that I had today, which was a LFS, was able to do 60km/h up the hill with no issue. I even had to take my foot off the accelerator a tiny bit. Not all of them are like that, but the odd one is.

Wasn't that a Richmond based bus?

Interesting that they're transferring more buses to the STC. Perhaps to accommodate necessary expansions or to transfer the 40LFR's back to Vancouver/Burnaby?

I seriously doubt that. If you read the Moving Forward Plan, theres discussions in improving service in Surrey. Especially starting in 2011. It could simply be just an expansion. I dont see the LFR's returning to Burnaby.

I seriously doubt that. If you read the Moving Forward Plan, theres discussions in improving service in Surrey. Especially starting in 2011. It could simply be just an expansion. I dont see the LFR's returning to Burnaby.

I personally see this being a move to increase the, always low, spare fleet at STC. It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be a few years ago, but the problem is still far from solved.

Chris Cassidy

V7174 is doing a run on the 9 this morning...coming out of storage?

Yeah, the last time I saw that one, it was parked in the back of OTC. I don't remember exactly when, but I'm pretty sure my last OTC check was just over a month ago, when I stopped by on my way to the school just around the corner to do a pickup. :P 7174 (with no prefix on the back) was in there.