McDonald's Anyone?

YRT-Guy

I do like Burger King for breakfast tho when I'm on the road. Especially the Saussage and cheese croissan'wich with bacon. Maybe I'll grab some on my way to work later. Also another thing I find are the prices. I find prices are reasonable at Burger King than the expensive Mc Deaths. Pay more to eat food that is not what you ordered or worse, contaminated? I'll pass! Burger King FTW!

And hence why the 5 minute walk to Burger King during the YRT Classic charter was worth it. :huh:

McDonalds seems to always be jacking up prices, and changing their burgers (McDouble replaced the Double Cheeseburger, where you have to pay an extra 35 cents(?) to get the latter). Burger King, on the other hand, still has the large Whopper and the prices are quite decent. Heck, even Wendy's seems to be becoming a cheaper alternative to McDonalds, and I remember it being quite more expensive than McDonalds when I was younger.

I can't speak for McDonald's, but during the relatively short time I worked in a Safeway bakery... let's just say there were a couple of practices regularly carried out there that would likely make you NOT want to eat any of the in-house cooked bread if I told you what had touched it.

Well, if they're the same practices as those at the Real Canadian Superstore, Safeway ain't alone.

In those situations, I just butt in line through the side right up to the counter and force someone to fix my order. Why line up again when I already lined up?

I did that the first time when she messed my order up but the second time I pretty much said screw it. Besides she looked brain dead or stoned.

This story seems bizarre – how do so many ants get all over the inside of this guys burrito without anyone in the kitchen noticing? They have to prepare the filling and assemble the burrito.

That's the first time I've ever heard this happening. I worked at McD's for a few years, and let me tell you, the kitchen always had to be almost spotless and after every rush, we'd have kitchen staff clean up and for every set of Big Macs, Hamburgers or other product, we'd wipe down the condiment table before we'd start the next set and the grill was scraped after every set of 12 meats we'd put down and a good steam wash of the grill after a big rush. The fryers were filtered every night and the oil changed regularly with a good scrub down. We'd have MVRs (Management Visitation Reports) and get a rating of between 85 and 95%.

I never heard of any stories about infestation here in Montreal, I used to work on the one on Pie-IX, one of the busier ones in the city, especially during the night (2-3AM) and we never had any problems with infestation.

A restaurant is only as good as its staff, and the staff are only as good as its management (in most cases). My friend Judy used to manage the McD's at Kingsway and the place was spotless and run like a tight ship. Service was fast and efficient. The orders were correct. You never had to wait long in line (and the line ups were long because this McD was very popular). Everybody had a job to do and everybody did their job. Nobody stood around not knowing what to do.

When Judy left the place went down hill. Even if you're the second one in line there may just as well be twenty ahead of you for the time it takes. And nobody speaks English. I asked for a bag of McDonaldland cookies once and you wouldn't believe the uproar this caused.

Judys 'second in command' went on to manage the Edmonton Center McD for a while. I'm not sure if she is still there. Judy took a few years off from work to be a homemaker to her family (she had two young boys, maybe two or three years younger than my son, at the time). She also set up a home based business creating designer 'clothing' for pets. Now she drives a fork lift for a steel company where her sons also work when they are not in university.

Am I the only one who smells BS? A friend of mine who works for McDs says that those are made on the spot, if so why would all the ants be dead?

Anyone remember Wendy's Thumb Chili?

Yes, they are made on the spot. IIRC, the mix which includes the eggs, sausage and peppers are in pouches and they are mixed with a pinch of pepper and put on a tortilla with a half a slice of cheese. That breakfast burrito was introduced in 2001, I was at a McD's in Longueuil. I always order mine with no cheese, that way, they make right there.

Also, I order my fries with no salt, so that way, they have to drop a basket in the oil and they come out fresh and crispy. ;)

Here the tortillas are already rolled up and wrapped in paper. The guy just takes one (or how ever many) out of the fridge and nukes it for a few seconds. So they are not made 'on the spot'. They are probably made before the store opens (or the night before - or during a quiet time) and then tossed in the fridge ready for breakfast rush.

Here the tortillas are already rolled up and wrapped in paper. The guy just takes one (or how ever many) out of the fridge and nukes it for a few seconds. So they are not made 'on the spot'. They are probably made before the store opens (or the night before - or during a quiet time) and then tossed in the fridge ready for breakfast rush.

Exactly, they are made just before the restaurant opens, or in the case of a 24 hour store, during transition from regular to breakfast menus around 5 AM. That's how we used to make 'em.

That's the first time I've ever heard this happening. I worked at McD's for a few years, and let me tell you, the kitchen always had to be almost spotless and after every rush, we'd have kitchen staff clean up and for every set of Big Macs, Hamburgers or other product, we'd wipe down the condiment table before we'd start the next set and the grill was scraped after every set of 12 meats we'd put down and a good steam wash of the grill after a big rush. The fryers were filtered every night and the oil changed regularly with a good scrub down. We'd have MVRs (Management Visitation Reports) and get a rating of between 85 and 95%.

I never heard of any stories about infestation here in Montreal, I used to work on the one on Pie-IX, one of the busier ones in the city, especially during the night (2-3AM) and we never had any problems with infestation.

It all depends upon the individual franchise of McD's I find. Corporate you don't screw around, but franchises I find it a bit of bending the rules.

I know it's McDonalds, but isn't even waiting 5 minutes a little excessive? I smell a little exaggeration.

I would be more than pleased to actually get 5 minute service at a McD's around here. My personal record was back in 2005 at the drive through with 4 cars in front of me, 43 minutes for a QP combo. Horns honking at the drive thrus here in town is quite normal and people inside the restaurant get very impatient at times. Now, 43 minutes really was a once in a lifetime experience, but waiting 10-15 minutes here for a simple order is quite the norm.

For all I know, maybe they do it deliberetly to try and convince people that its not "fast food" anymore so it must be healthy .... lol.

I can't speak for McDonald's, but during the relatively short time I worked in a Safeway bakery... let's just say there were a couple of practices regularly carried out there that would likely make you NOT want to eat any of the in-house cooked bread if I told you what had touched it.

It wouldn't surprise me, but to be honest, I don't think that there are many places around that aren't like that. Personally, I don't think about it. The less I think of the cook spitting in my soup, the less I have to worry about it .... :)

Be rational there's worst than McDo ... KFC !

Oh, but KFC is soooooo tasty. Mind you, I prefer Swiss Chalet, but for a quick chicken fix .... KFC's 4 piece meal is tough to beat.

A restaurant is only as good as its staff, and the staff are only as good as its management (in most cases). My friend Judy used to manage the McD's at Kingsway and the place was spotless and run like a tight ship. Service was fast and efficient. The orders were correct. You never had to wait long in line (and the line ups were long because this McD was very popular). Everybody had a job to do and everybody did their job. Nobody stood around not knowing what to do.

Absolutly agree! The management and staff can make such a huge difference in quality and effectivness of service and make the experience so much more better.

Am I the only one who smells BS? A friend of mine who works for McDs says that those are made on the spot, if so why would all the ants be dead?

Anyone remember Wendy's Thumb Chili?

I smell BS too...this man claims he got the food "around 11am" but breakfast menu items at McDonalds ends at 10:30am.

Probably another one that makes these stories up just to sue the company. The staff would have noticed that. He planted them there. I wouldn't have apologized to that customer either... I would have told him to get off the property and not come back. Those people are annoying.

Apparently (according to my friend) a certain movie theater giant is sued every couple days for random stuff including, but not limited to, customers falling down the stairs because it was dark and a cardboard cut out that was knocked over by a kid ended up hitting some woman.

Apparently (according to my friend) a certain movie theater giant is sued every couple days for random stuff including, but not limited to, customers falling down the stairs because it was dark and a cardboard cut out that was knocked over by a kid ended up hitting some woman.

I'd believe it.

A friend who works at a fast food place told me of a guy that slipped in their parking lot and broke his hand. He didn't even let them know at the time what had happened! He sent his wife in a week later to report the incident and imply that the store should give them money or something.