LRT Spottings

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
9 hours ago, taras said:

Anyone know why the LRT still slows to a crawl southbound after crossing the river into the portal towards University? very frustrating.

Could also be the train in front of it is not clear of the block yet so it has to wait.  What's wrong with enjoying the beautiful view from the bridge?  Sure beats sitting in a tunnel in the dark!

ETS has been on again/ off again doing work on the University crossovers. Some of the turnouts have had frogs replaced, others I don't think have. There was a frog sitting near the crossovers for a good while, and ETS has a overall frog replacement program underway system wide.

The last time I was through there (Thursday?), 2012 was sitting at the north portal so there was definitely some work in the area.

I've planning a bit of a late night excursion tomorrow as it is to see if there's anything going on. 

South portal/ Southbound is likely just a slow order due to a track issue. It does feel a bit rough. Could be waiting on parts, or just simply time to fix it. Don't expect it to be dealt with anytime soon if the slow order on the NB track at the South Campus pocket track south switch is any indication. That's been a slow order all summer, if not before.

However, last night there was a welding crew working in the area. 

EPCOR had a line truck on the SB track in Grandin. Looks like LED lighting upgrades.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Board Admin

Here is an audio recording of the station announcement "Churchill Station. Please Transfer Here For A Metro Line Train"

This is played at Churchill Station now, rather than just the station name like all other stations, at least on SD160s. The signs inside the car also display text to indicate this transfer point.

Churchill Station Please Transfer Here For A Metro Line Train.m4a

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A. Wong said:

Here is an audio recording of the station announcement "Churchill Station. Please Transfer Here For A Metro Line Train"

This is played at Churchill Station now, rather than just the station name like all other stations, at least on SD160s. The signs inside the car also display text to indicate this transfer point.

Churchill Station Please Transfer Here For A Metro Line Train.m4a 39.26 kB · 0 downloads

Sounds like they've done away with the human voice in favor of something reminiscent of my old YouTube tutorials from many years ago ?. Do all the other station announcements use that voice now too?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
9 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

If that's 1001 then it's on it's return journey to Bombardier for reasons unknown to us.

8 hours ago, brookiedbj said:

Welding issues like the TO outlooks maybe?

Edit: looks like it could be 1021? Zoomed in on the fleet number with my phone

8 hours ago, brookiedbj said:

Its 1001

9 hours ago, brookiedbj said:

Not likely, but them who knows at this point.

I'm curious if something happened to it when it spent the winter outside. 

Surprised it is still in transit too. It was spotted loaded up in Edmonton upwards of 2 weeks ago.