LRT Spottings

• Board Admin

Interesting, I rode train 6 this morning. Seemed to be OK at that point - wonder if the consist was replaced. One guy was having trouble opening the doors at Grandin but I think that was user error...

The train in before it (U2) was train 4. Does anyone know how the even/odd train numbers are working now?

Probably not, given operation to Belvedere is still occuring.

Hopefully the substation isn't fried. Look at how long it took them to get Cromdale back up after they damaged it!

I'm sure that was all part of a delay tactic to keep some trolleys off the road as long as possible.

They must have a slow order on both tracks south of Belvedere Station too...

LRT trains have been going quite slow through there, NB and SB.

On a different note... they changed the traffic light sequence at 111 st and 51 ave sometime today.

The WB gets the left turn arrow right after the LRT goes through, instead of being last in the sequence :(

Pantograph inspection is happening at Churchhill from the sounds of things. Wonder what they're looking for.

• Board Admin

I WANT DIESEL LRVs DAMNIT! These damn electric things are so unreliable, and this weekend they have construction so can't run them.
New Jersey has seen the light - maybe we should follow!

Power outage shuts down part of Edmonton LRT

By Laura Drake, edmontonjournal.com May 18, 2010 11:02 PM Be the first to post a comment

EDMONTON — A power outage has stopped the LRT from running between Clareview and Belvedere stations.

Edmonton Transit spokeswoman Patricia Dickson said part of a training vehicle snagged an overhead power line just before 10 p.m. Tuesday, causing the train to lose power between the two stations.

The rest of the LRT was running fine. Bus service has been set up between Clareview and Belvedere.

Dickson said the power should be restored to the line in time for Wednesday’s start of service.

Read more: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Power+...l#ixzz0oM4BB5Wd

Peace Officers got a fare evader this morning, and were nice enough to let them travel 2 stations. Today's excuse was "I forgot to stamp the ticket because the train was there, can you write a time on it?" They were having none of that and wrote a fine.

Yes I know this is an older post.. That's the excuse he used? Wow.. Was that the last train of the day that he was about to miss? NOT....!! Very happy the Peace Officers were not buying his story!

Trains 13, 14, and 15 were U2s today. I believe 15 went in (never seen it midday... I think it's one of the runs that go back to DLM after 10am).

There was also an unidentified (that I could) U2 train running with 3 cars!? Haven't personally seen a 3 car U2 in some time! 13-15 were all 4 car.

about 540 this evening, train 16 hit a cyclist at 92street. The bike landed up being wedged under the train and the cyclist was taken to the hospital. he was under trauma but alert and the train just happened to have a nurse on it.

Train was of course blocking a cross over. Train was moved out of the way by 620-630.

Did this guy fail grade one? Always look both ways when crossing the road, and don't go on the train tracks when the lights are flashing and the gates are down...

This is not a case of an LRV hitting a cyclist, it's a cyclist playing chicken with an LRV.

Did this guy fail grade one? Always look both ways when crossing the road, and don't go on the train tracks when the lights are flashing and the gates are down...

This is not a case of an LRV hitting a cyclist, it's a cyclist playing chicken with an LRV.

thats why i blame this 100% on the cyclist. an idito. and wearing his mp3 player too loud.