43 minutes ago, Oc4526 said:

8111 -> 9 Rideau  6:11 nb on Vanier pkwy

Further to this sighting.

I asked the operator and apparently this trip is scheduled with a DD. (Possible DD/60 trip?)

Cc @JCL for your info

8111 seen here prior to its departure on the 9 at Hurdman.

20191212_185203.thumb.jpg.95a0731c94f30c452121f4449390b9da.jpg

4 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

Further to this sighting.

I asked the operator and apparently this trip is scheduled with a DD. (Possible DD/60 trip?)

Cc @JCL for your info

8111 seen here prior to its departure on the 9 at Hurdman.

20191212_185203.thumb.jpg.95a0731c94f30c452121f4449390b9da.jpg

I do not have any information on any 60DD runs for the post-October 6 changes, that's not to say there aren't any 60DD runs this Booking - I just can't confirm or deny whether that particular trip on Route 9 is a 60DD run.

19 hours ago, Busing_the_34 said:

Weird, I saw a bus that said "75 Baseline"

It was a Novabus, not sure which one tho

New service change, there will be PM trips from Tunney's to Baseline because of changes to the Barrhaven connexion routes.

• Thanks 1

Don't read too much into this, but this past Saturday evening (December 21st) I noticed that a few (three or four, maybe more) Orion VII hybrids were parked in front of Pinecrest garage in the area formerly used to store retired Inveros. They were covered in snow but decals appeared to still be intact, wasn't able to get any numbers though.

33 minutes ago, HB_1024 said:

Don't read too much into this, but this past Saturday evening (December 21st) I noticed that a few (three or four, maybe more) Orion VII hybrids were parked in front of Pinecrest garage in the area formerly used to store retired Inveros. They were covered in snow but decals appeared to still be intact, wasn't able to get any numbers though.

The first front one is 5091. Not on the retirement list, but I'm sure @Enviro_1203 can give an update.

5 hours ago, HB_1024 said:

Further to that, I have noticed the number Orion VII hybrids that are in service have dropped within the last week or so.

On Saturday, I saw one on the Operator Shuttle between Billings Bridge and Merivale Garage (Route 899).

Yesterday during the midday, I am aware that a small handful that were in service. And during the PM rush hour, I saw only two in the Downtown area -- one on Route 5 and another on Route 7, and one pulling into Tunney's Pasture. 

• Like 1

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that as well. Usually the 82/173 is littered with hybrids but I've been seeing inveros and LFRs as of recent... Better get those videos/audio clips!

5 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that as well. Usually the 82/173 is littered with hybrids but I've been seeing inveros and LFRs as of recent... Better get those videos/audio clips!

5 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

I noted sometime last week that my local 53 Carlington trip home used to get hybrids occasionally, but as of recently, it's been mostly Inveros with the rare hybrid.

The second batch of Nova LFS that are now entering into revenue service is now likely making an impact on how many Orion VII Hybrids we see in service these days. 

(Note that I did indicate previously on the 'OC Transpo Orion VII Hybrid Retirement Watch' thread on September 25 that the buses would continue to remain in service beyond October 6, 2019 and would gradually be retired as the second batch of Nova LFS's enter service. )

Today, I did see more of the hybrids in service today than I did yesterday -- the irony is that I saw a bulk of them on Kanata and Barrhaven Connexion routes (I joy rode Bus 5162 on the first PM trip on Route 257 Bridlewood at 3pm Tunney's Pasture). 

I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to begin posting daily sightings on hybrids buses on the 'OC Transpo Orion VII Hybrid Retirement Watch' thread for tracking purposes? 

44 minutes ago, JCL said:

I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to begin posting daily sightings on hybrids buses on the 'OC Transpo Orion VII Hybrid Retirement Watch' thread for tracking purposes?

I'll start. 

5065 → 111 Baseline (Heron/Prince of Wales @ 7:05 PM)

56 minutes ago, JCL said:

The second batch of Nova LFS that are now entering into revenue service is now likely making an impact on how many Orion VII Hybrids we see in service these days. 

(Note that I did indicate previously on the 'OC Transpo Orion VII Hybrid Retirement Watch' thread on September 25 that the buses would continue to remain in service beyond October 6, 2019 and would gradually be retired as the second batch of Nova LFS's enter service. )

Today, I did see more of the hybrids in service today than I did yesterday -- the irony is that I saw a bulk of them on Kanata and Barrhaven Connexion routes (I joy rode Bus 5162 on the first PM trip on Route 257 Bridlewood at 3pm Tunney's Pasture). 

It wouldn't hurt to start tracking them on that thread. I'd be interested to see how many go out per day.

I'm suspecting that OC is keeping more and more of the hybrids as backup buses now that more LFSs are in service (31 to be exact as of right now not counting the R1 buses)