A. Wong

OC Bus Spottings

Saw 4677 on the 17 Wateridge about 15 minutes ago, it had a nice scratch on the front side just below the drivers window, where the red vinyl wrap was scratched through to the white paint underneath ☹️.

• Sad 1

5131 was towed away by a Gervais towing truck from St. Laurent station around 5:45 this afternoon.

4218 was the oldest Invero I saw. It was on the 18 this afternoon.  

On 9/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, STO_1601 said:

My friend spotted this Orion V at St. Laurent Station today.

I've been seeing that bus around a lot! It feels nice to hear a Series 50 engine again in Ottawa.

It's in pretty nice shape too. And yes, it's Ex-Cornwall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, M.Wright said:

I've been seeing that bus around a lot! It feels nice to hear a Series 50 engine again in Ottawa.

When it retired, whoever bought got lot of work put into it.  It spent a whole winter at Cornwall Truck Centre getting fixed up.  I'm glad to see it's still rolling great making its mark across the province 😊

• Like 3

6453 —> 62 Stittsville... rode it from Bayshore Stn at 5:50-ish pm to Campeau/Tanger and it seemed to struggle in low gears and only pick up speed in third.

7 minutes ago, bsnider001 said:

6453 —> 62 Stittsville... rode it from Bayshore Stn at 5:50-ish pm to Campeau/Tanger and it seemed to struggle in low gears and only pick up speed in third.

And right after I posted, transmission got stuck in 4th gear at the CTC... glad I’m only a few stops away.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:49 PM, M.Wright said:

I think it stays parked at a large lot in the south end. Saw it yesterday.

5086 on 14 Carlington but front sign displayed "Out of Service". Carling/Parkdale at 15:17. This bus also had an incident where it drove by a passenger trying to flag it down despite it being empty.

6371 on 80 Tunney's Pasture at 07:53 at Merivale/Summerville.

Over the past week I've noticed a number of different hybrids with non-functioning destination signs with their route numbers taped to the windshield. Related to retirement or just a bunch of random bugs?

No other model seems to be having as many issues with their signs from what I've seen.

5 hours ago, OCCheetos said:

Over the past week I've noticed a number of different hybrids with non-functioning destination signs with their route numbers taped to the windshield. Related to retirement or just a bunch of random bugs?

No other model seems to be having as many issues with their signs from what I've seen.

I heard something bug related in the most recent update. They are the only buses left with ODK3 which has upload via flash card vs USB of the ODK4

• Thanks 1