A. Wong

OC Bus Spottings

I could of sworn there where at least 2 or 3 more buses with camera's(40's)?

There was, 9802, 9803, and 9804. All of which as we know, are retired. Leaving 4282 as the only bus with cameras today. 9802 had them semi-hidden, while 9803 and 9804 were full sized cameras.

Saw a Healey Transportation bus on the Transitway this afternoon on the 538 to Carleton Place instead of the normal Groupe Galland bus.

Is there anything to prevent a bus from driving off without raising the floor after lowering it? If not, is there anything bad that could happen?

I can't say for sure about the buses currently in use, but I seem to rember seeing buses in the past (not in Ottawa, elsewhere) where they would kneel and never appear to raise, it ovbiously happened to automatically as the bus accelerated. Seemed to save time, but this is only a fuzzy recollection.

Is there anything to prevent a bus from driving off without raising the floor after lowering it? If not, is there anything bad that could happen?

Yes it's known as a interlock brake. It prevents the bus from moving (if the bus is kneeled with or without the ramp deployed)

And from what I've experienced with our Double Deckers (if the Mecanics door is open on the curb side of the bus)

Yes it's known as a interlock brake. It prevents the bus from moving (if the bus is kneeled with or without the ramp deployed)

And from what I've experienced with our Double Deckers (if the Mecanics door is open on the curb side of the bus)

Well, I was on a D60LF this morning, and the floor was lowered for a stroller, and I don't recall hearing the distinctive *BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP*, nor did I see it raise, for the rest of the time I was on that bus, the front looked a lot lower then normal, also the bus seemed to be making grinding noises/vibrations which is wasn't before the floor was lowered.

Well, I was on a D60LF this morning, and the floor was lowered for a stroller, and I don't recall hearing the distinctive *BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP*, nor did I see it raise, for the rest of the time I was on that bus, the front looked a lot lower then normal, also the bus seemed to be making grinding noises/vibrations which is wasn't before the floor was lowered.

Could be a defective airbag (correct me if I used the wrong name)

Route 98, 95 and 40 On Russel

Route 151 at Elmvale

Is something different about destination boards today? Saw a lot less "Out of Service" signs this morning and a lot more signs carrying on the destination from the route they just finished.

Route 98, 95 and 40 On Russel

Route 151 at Elmvale

Is something different about destination boards today? Saw a lot less "Out of Service" signs this morning and a lot more signs carrying on the destination from the route they just finished.

There is something wrong with Clever Devices today and "automatic mode" was not working (when the operator log into automatic mode on Clever Devices, both the next stop announcement system and the appropriate destination sign changes automatically when appropriate). Today, bus operators were forced to use "manual mode" which required them to set the next stop announcement system and the destination sign to the bus route of the trip before starting the trip.

In automatic mode, the sign "Out of Serivce" is changed when the next-to-last stop is announced before a trip is completed. In manual mode it doesn't and operators are required to manually change the sign to "Out of Service". Unfortunately, many operators aren't use to manually changing the signs themselves since September 2010 when the automated announcements went live.

Hope it makes sense.

Looking at the Elgin at Laurier cam (was wandering around the site to see if the mess created by the bomb scare near Bayview was pretty much resolved), seems there an Invero either stuck or involved in a fenderbender at the entrance of the Mackenzie King bridge eastbound

8045 95X Baseline

When did you see 8045 on Route 95? And did you get a chance to see the run number?

I'm asking these two questions because usually runs don't become available to be a "reporter" until close to the end of rush hour (unless 8045 was assigned to an incorrect run).

When did you see 8045 on Route 95? And did you get a chance to see the run number?

I'm asking these two questions because usually runs don't become available to be a "reporter" until close to the end of rush hour (unless 8045 was assigned to an incorrect run).

Saw it at 7:02 at Mack bridge. Unfortunately I didn't catch the run number as I saw it from the express bus I was on heading east at Mack Bridge.

5031 on Route 95, run 95-13

6399 on Route 16 (between Tunney's and Carlingwood only), run 16-6

I'm going to start posting Orion VI sightings on a regular basis from now until retirement:

4113 spotted deadheading on Hwy 174 westbound, approaching the Transitway on-ramp

4134 at the Hurdman lay-up

4068 on Routes 99 and 144, run 99-1

4075 spotted entering Hurdman Station at 4:15pm

4076 was at Hurdman station at 2:51pm

4113 on Route 135, about to start its trip at 4:30pm