This afternoon:

8004 on Route 61 (after 4pm)

8007 on Route 77, run E-803

8012 on Route 35, run E-819

I rode 8012 and the operator had to kill the bus at Campus Station because the rear interlock wouldn't deactivate. Minor delays were caused on the Transitway going towards Hurdman, but the operator was able to get the bus out of the way and headed back to the garage.

8008 was in service this afternoon with a broken destination sign so the driver was using the exterior intercom to announce the route as he was pulling into the stations.

Route 70, run E-804

8004 on Route 61 (after 4pm)

I spotted 8004 stopped on the EB Queensway just before the Maitland off-ramp around 5:45, and then later I saw it coming up behind me and exiting at Metcalfe because of heavy traffic.

6430 has returned to service - it was one of the two buses involved in the bus-to-bus accident at Tunney's Pasture. Spotted deadheading eastbound towards Mack Bridge this morning.

Quick question is there a DD bus run heading west that continues serving past Lebreton at around 7 AM. Looking at the posts above, one possibility at around 7 AM on Albert at Kent was a 35 Lincoln Fields

what a beauty!!!!!!!!! Thx for sharing the photos!

do they run rush hour only right now or even during the mid day? thanx

Rush hour only, with eight buses assigned to specific runs for the time being.

The only way you can see them on the road during the midday (and Saturdays) is when they are assigned to Training, which should continue until early November.

what a beauty!!!!!!!!! Thx for sharing the photos!

do they run rush hour only right now or even during the mid day? thanx

If you wish to catch one Times and routes can be found here . This list is subject to change.

Quick question is there a DD bus run heading west that continues serving past Lebreton at around 7 AM. Looking at the posts above, one possibility at around 7 AM on Albert at Kent was a 35 Lincoln Fields

The 35 @ 7:38 and :44 (frm Mack bridge) serves Lincoln feilds stn.

Rush hour only, with eight buses assigned to specific runs for the time being.

The only way you can see them on the road during the midday (and Saturdays) is when they are assigned to Training, which should continue until early November.

What time did you take the above photos at downtown?? Thx

Between 9:08AM and 9:17AM at Slater/Elgin on October 17. Those buses would have been doing trips that started after 8AM at their first stop in the suburbs.

If you wish to catch one Times and routes can be found here . This list is subject to change.

The 35 @ 7:38 and :44 (frm Mack bridge) serves Lincoln feilds stn.

I'm passing downtown about 45 minutes before, I'll have to wait I guess. With the traffic problems on the bridges back to Gatineau (compounded by the fact that the bus lane on the Champlain Bridge is shut down (well according to Ken Gray's blog and the NCC) for a little bit this week, I might have to start a little bit earlier.

Best place to fan would be at Lebreton Station where you can catch all of the DDs heading east and west.

Another place would the Ottawa River Parkway by either Dominion or Lincoln Fields Station where you can catch the DDs heading to Barrhaven or Kanata.

8009 on 77 in the AM.

8114747002_c9cb2825c7_b.jpg

OC Transpo 8009 by F. Poon, on Flickr

8013 on 77 in the PM at Lincoln Fields

8114747388_0b90e85c10_b.jpg

OC Transpo 8013 by F. Poon, on Flickr

So Felix texted me and advised me there was a Double Decker on the 118 (unknown fleet number), so seeing as this probably would of been hard to believe (for some that is), I gathered evidence via the City of Ottawa's traffic camera system. Here it is. Excuse the crappy quality as these cameras aren't the best (but they prove the point).

Here you can see it on the right side at Baseline and Merivale, it was heading towards Hurdman:

Baseline_Merivale_5.jpg

This was taken shortly after the one above:

Baseline_Merivale_2.jpg

Here it is approaching Confederation Station, the camera was out of focus, nothing I can do about it, but it's on the left:

Bronson_Heron_2.jpg

It did stop to load/unload people at Confederation, so it was obviously in service (in case someone is like "it could of been out of service").

So there is the evidence. Enjoy!

So Felix texted me and advised me there was a Double Decker on the 118 (unknown fleet number), so seeing as this probably would of been hard to believe (for some that is), I gathered evidence via the City of Ottawa's traffic camera system. Here it is. Excuse the crappy quality as these cameras aren't the best (but they prove the point).

Here you can see it on the right side at Baseline and Merivale, it was heading towards Hurdman:

Baseline_Merivale_5.jpg

This was taken shortly after the one above:

Baseline_Merivale_2.jpg

Here it is approaching Confederation Station, the camera was out of focus, nothing I can do about it, but it's on the left:

Bronson_Heron_2.jpg

So there is the evidence. Enjoy!

Only three possible reasons why the double decker was spotted on Route 118:

1) The bus placer at Industrial Garage made a mistake on the bus placement;

2) Industrial Garage was short on buses; or

3) The operator of a double decker run who completed its last scheduled trip decided to extend as a "reporter" at Transit Control's request because all the standby extras (run numbers 109-xx) were used up.

I'm leaning towards #3.

There are NO double decker runs with scheduled trips on Route 118.

3) The operator of a double decker run who completed its last scheduled trip decided to extend as a "reporter" at Transit Control's request because all the standby extras (run numbers 109-xx) were used up.

I'm leaning towards #3.

#3 is the most plausible as the 61 at 16:37 finishes in Kanata around 17:45. .

I'm leaning towards #3.

I'm leaning towards #3 as well, as the other two scenarios you mentioned are way more unlikely. (Especially #1, as even though mistakes do happen, they are very rare, therefore unlikely, but still possible)

I was actually thinking he was possibly a reporter, since he probably finished his last trip in Kanata and was looking to extend, so he got put on the 118 leaving Terry Fox. After all, these are no longer strictly "restricted" to particular roads and routes, especially with the lack of an MTO oversize vehicle permit.

EDIT: Also Oc4526's theory that it came off that trip is quite possible. Original text I got from Felix was at 18:21, which he reported the bus was at Baseline Station. That would give enough time to finish the 61 (possibly finish it early, seeing as express trips aren't really enforced for their completion time), get to Terry Fox (assuming control talked to him prior to his completion of his trip), and start a 118 out of there immediately, and go to Baseline. Especially likely if the trip was covered, by starting at Hazeldean Mall vs Terry Fox.

EDIT: Also Oc4526's theory that it came off that trip is quite possible. Original text I got from Felix was at 18:21, which he reported the bus was at Baseline Station. That would give enough time to finish the 61 (possibly finish it early, seeing as express trips aren't really enforced for their completion time), get to Terry Fox (assuming control talked to him prior to his completion of his trip), and start a 118 out of there immediately, and go to Baseline. Especially likely if the trip was covered, by starting at Hazeldean Mall vs Terry Fox

The bus left Baseline at 18:19 and it showed up as DD on the MyOCTranspo app on Android.

4138 on the 8 yesterday evening.