I would rather see a Orion VI be chartered. OC is getting more DD buses that will be around 12 or 18 years?

come on 1201 to 03 are different than the rest of the 75 double deckers...........

come on 1201 to 03 are different than the rest of the 75 double deckers...........

Due to the fact that 1201-03 are being decommissioned and the Need for a special permit makes chartering them impossible. I'm with 2822 a Orion vi would be a better idea.

My 0.02 cents

Edited by Oc4526

For anybody looking for the new double decker buses during the Hwy 174 sinkhole situation, here are some hints.

While OC Transpo did not announce this, I have been advised that there should two double deckers in-service during the AM Rush Hour. One bus will do a trip on Route 22 followed by Route 30, the second bus will do two trips on Route 30.

In the afternoon, one bus will do a trip on Route 22 (3:40pm) followed by Route 30 (5:35pm), the second bus will do a trip on Route 30 (4:08pm) followed by Route 22 (5:23pm).

The new double deckers are subject to availability. If the buses make it out, the regular runs that would have normally done those four morning and afternnon trips on Routes 22/30 will be reassigned to do supplement trips on Route 95 until the sinkhole situation is completed.

4032 on Route 95 Trim, run 95-36.

The following are pictures of the new double decker buses spotted in Training today in the Elmvale area.

octranspo_sept252012_8004.jpg

octranspo_sept252012_8007.JPG

octranspo_sept252012_8008.jpg

In all honesty I'm not sure why they put the bike racks on the DD Buses for now? By the time they get them in service, Rack & Roll will be done for the year?

In all honesty I'm not sure why they put the bike racks on the DD Buses for now? By the time they get them in service, Rack & Roll will be done for the year?

ADL probably delivered them with them already fitted.

8008 was in service this afternoon with a broken destination sign so the driver was using the exterior intercom to announce the route as he was pulling into the stations.

8008 was in service this afternoon with a broken destination sign so the driver was using the exterior intercom to announce the route as he was pulling into the stations.

8008 was on the 70 Barrhaven

cptdb2.JPG