A. Wong

OC Bus Spottings

12 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

4258 has an odd seat fixture thing on the first set of forward facing seats on the driver's side. On the aisle seat, there is a big grey bar with a red top to the side of the seat and what looks to be a lever. Was on 80 Deakin/Auriga at 15:34 at Carling and Holland.

4506 was on 101 Moodie  at 15:20 at Carling and Booth. Boarded the bus and rode down to Holland.

Units under 4280 have that mechanism to release the seat from its lifted position to back down into sitting mode. It's because those inveros also only have 2 seats on the drivers side at the very front facing the right side window, needing the other forward facing seats to be able to be lifted up. Also, those units have the bell cord go all the way to the back of the bus.

38 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Units under 4280 have that mechanism to release the seat from its lifted position to back down into sitting mode. It's because those inveros also only have 2 seats on the drivers side at the very front facing the right side window, needing the other forward facing seats to be able to be lifted up. Also, those units have the bell cord go all the way to the back of the bus.

I thought the 2004 units were retrofitted early on to make the bell cord shorter, no?

2 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

I thought the 2004 units were retrofitted early on to make the bell cord shorter, no?

Yes some were arbitrarily retrofitted, but the majority from what I've seen still have it (as they should).

38 minutes ago, tomsbuspage said:

Spotted another D60LF on route 23 this morning at around 9:15.  This time it was 6664 heading toward Rothwell Heights.

6664 is a D60LFR, not a D60LF

• Like 1

Spotted 4449 twice today on route 82. Both spotted on Greenbank and Baseline at around 9:30 and 11:30 respectively.

1 hour ago, STO_1601 said:

6664 is a D60LFR, not a D60LF

Picky, picky. :rolleyes:

My point was that the bus was an artic on a route that normally gets a handful of riders at the best of times.

• Thanks 1

Monday: 8031, route 105 Tunney's Pasture, at Bayview station 17:25.

Also spotted 8139 on route 95 Barrhaven Center at the same time, which is likely not irregular although I can't remember the last time I saw a westbound 95 assigned a double decker during PM peak.