A. Wong

OC Bus Spottings

6,121 posts in this topic

The mayor is touring the suburbs to see how the service is going and likely discussing about the transit plan. He got mostly postive reviews in Kanata, but I'm wondering if it will be the same in Barrhaven tommorrow. http://www.ctvottawa.ca/servlet/an/local/C...?hub=OttawaHome

Actually,

It says he'll be taking the bus from Place d'Orleans tomorrow, so my guess would be Thursday for Barrhaven.

Supposedly yes, but its the first time I knew about it.

after reading an article from yesterday's Ottawa Sun, this is the first year OC Transpo painted one of their buses green.

Larry O Brian was spotted on the 94 and 95 on Wednesday afternoon talking with passengers heading towards Orleans

Actually,

It says he'll be taking the bus from Place d'Orleans tomorrow, so my guess would be Thursday for Barrhaven.

6120 has some bondo work on the rear beside both sets of taillights

Also saw at least two Inveros on the 2 yesterday. Isn't that an Artic route?

4380-01.jpg

6120 has some bondo work on the rear beside both sets of taillights

Also saw at least two Inveros on the 2 yesterday. Isn't that an Artic route?

yes. I guess there is a shortage of articulated buses.

I'm just guessing here oc may be starting to install some of the bike racks on the artics for the upcoming season.

Does anyone know when the new D60lfs are expected to arrive?

I'm just guessing here oc may be starting to install some of the bike racks on the artics for the upcoming season.

June?

From what I've been told, the new D60LF (6351 to 98) should begin to arrive in May. The bus building process should be in progress right now.

So much so that OC has been putting them on the 86 and 87 proper... over the course of the past week I've seen 86-4 and 87-1 operated by a 60. Inveros show up on the 2 at night and on weekends (Friday was a holiday, and was essentially on a Sunday schedule).

Leduc Bus Lines has added another Suburban Nova LFS to their CRT service - # 3932. Just like their other two units (3927 and 3931) I would imagine this is also an ex-demonstrator model.

Leduc Bus Lines has added another Suburban Nova LFS to their CRT service - # 3932. Just like their other two units (3927 and 3931) I would imagine this is also an ex-demonstrator model.

I saw this bus yesterday...It's got the new style headlights as well...

Also...Saw some type of Mercedes Articulated Bus on the Transitway at Cyrville station yesterday...It was silver....and beautiful....

Is OC demoing something right now?

I as well say 87-1 this morning as an articulated; can't remember seeing an artic on the 86 today although anything's possible.

Leduc has a bus with the new headlights but the rear motor setting is exactly the same.

The Mercedes-Benz Citaro Artic was in trial for a few hours today and is on it's way to MTA New York as I write this.

Spotted a person taking picture of an 0-train at Carling station. BTW C2 was used in today's service.

4517 iirc has a new roof line wrap. The roofline wrap is black. I forgot what it is about. I believe it has something to do with some technology company.

4453 with the Thomson University wrap is currently on 115.

it seems to me there are at least 2 invero with thomson university wrap. I saw another one (this one with the latest business whatever rooftline wrap) at Southkey station. Unfortunately, I couldn't see the fleet number where I was standing. I don't think OC would wrap a bus on a typical sunday.

Spotted bus # 9314 with a scrolling destination sign displaying Walk, Bike, Ride. Usually we only see the traditional flashing or solid display.