A. Wong

OC Bus Spottings

17 hours ago, Flalex72 said:

You might be reading into this too much - You said the location was undisclosed, and Centralsmt identified it. I don't see the negativity.

I guess I might have. I apologize @Centralsmt

1 hour ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

5022 -> has black front doors.

20190202_145527.jpg

Yep those are indeed TTC style front doors!

4 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Yep those are indeed TTC style front doors!

Actually, theyre the standard door, my thought is that at the time they were installed, the bus was better put to use in service than sitting around waiting to be painted, which to this day, they have forgotten to paint the doors, and at this point, would be a waste to paint.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Actually, theyre the standard door, my thought is that at the time they were installed, the bus was better put to use in service than sitting around waiting to be painted, which to this day, they have forgotten to paint the doors, and at this point, would be a waste to paint.

With the current demand for buses, if it's safe to be on the road it's on the road - paint isn't a safety issue. We usually just see the grey body panels installed.

30 minutes ago, Flalex72 said:

With the current demand for buses, if it's safe to be on the road it's on the road - paint isn't a safety issue. We usually just see the grey body panels installed.

Precisely!

8047 was seen on 104 Place d' Orleans. Forgot the location. Time was 14:30.

4494 was on 101 St Laurent at Carling/Holland at 8:12, then at 14:27 it was on 112 Emvale going to Heron/Alta Vista.

52 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

8047 was seen on 104 Place d' Orleans. Forgot the location. Time was 14:30.

Its still on the 104 (Seen just now at Billings NB)

Spotted 6396 on route 23 this morning at about 9:15.  It must have been a reporter because I saw a hybrid on that route at around 8:30.

Don't know if this was already reported or not but I spotted 5121 today while I was having lunch at Buster's Bar and Grill in Lincoln Fields Mall and noticed it's wrap ad was completely removed. 

Was on 6403 this morning, got a better picture of the bright LEDs OCTranspoMaster mentioned. They're recessed into the wall, in a little hole. Definitely not an intentional change, looks like the sign just fell off, but I can't see any clear damage around it like it got hit and torn off or something. Wonder if it was taken off deliberately at one point and just never reinstalled?

IMG_20190206_083652.jpg

Today I saw 8154 doing an 85 Bayshore on the usual 97-33 run with another D60LFR on same route behind it going down Carling at 15:08.

Are double deckers uncommon on this route? I've only spotted three in the past few months, 8001, 8102, and 8154.

All these spotted at Bayview station tonight.

5019, route 95 Cambrian, 16:23.
5120, route 269 Bridlewood, 16:26.
5003, route 277 Nepean Woods, 16:35.
5113, route 278 Riverside South, 16:38.

Also spotted 5046 on route 277, and 8130 on route 61C, but I didn't take down either of the times.

4258 has an odd seat fixture thing on the first set of forward facing seats on the driver's side. On the aisle seat, there is a big grey bar with a red top to the side of the seat and what looks to be a lever. Was on 80 Deakin/Auriga at 15:34 at Carling and Holland.

4506 was on 101 Moodie  at 15:20 at Carling and Booth. Boarded the bus and rode down to Holland.