Jump to content
A. Wong

OC Bus Spottings

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

What's it for?

I was crossing the road so I didn't pay attention to it.

Spotted this at Bayshore station today, can anyone tell me what's 66X is?

20180917_183005.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

I was crossing the road so I didn't pay attention to it.

Spotted this at Bayshore station today, can anyone tell me what's 66X is?

20180917_183005.jpg

66X Special. Most likely an operator who couldn't find the sign for either direction, or (in a rarer case for that route) an extra who was given a truncated version of the route.

1 hour ago, STO_1601 said:

What's it for?

 

2 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

5017 has an adwrap on the left side

think it's a smaller Moosehead ad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

I was crossing the road so I didn't pay attention to it.

Spotted this at Bayshore station today, can anyone tell me what's 66X is?

20180917_183005.jpg

random sign.... some of the old routes are still programmed in so the driver probs just randomly signed up 66

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dev161 said:

random sign.... some of the old routes are still programmed in so the driver probs just randomly signed up 66

 

Route 66 exists, it used to be known as route 182. As for it showing 66X, my guess is those are the trips that continue to Innovation instead of terminating at Solandt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5011 on Route 235 Gardenway, at Lebreton Station at 16:18
5102 and 5106 on Route 85 Lees, arriving and departing at Lebreton Station together, back-to-back, at 16:14 Lebreton Station
8069 on Route 85 Bayshore, doing the 14:33 trip, though started almost 10 minutes late - Below the picture taken at Lees was at 14:42, and at Carlingwood at 15:39

octranspo_8069_85Bayshore_200Lees.thumb.jpg.49fd7aab5949ece092af40cd77822b28.jpgoctranspo_8069_85Bayshore_Carlingwood.thumb.jpg.db29b29cb70572f84d464b7373ad4b75.jpg

This run doing the above trip on Route 85 is an artic run at Industrial Garage that may get a double decker if they are short on buses (it is an 85-xx run)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5068 has a gray panel on the left hand side where the drivers Window is

Replicating what the 172X did (or for those who remember, replicating what express route 72 *pre 1999* did)

20180919_073003.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

6640 was on the 85 Bayshore at Carling and Holland today. Bus was empty with only three people including myself.

From past experience, it's usually not until Carlingwood or Lincoln Fields that you'd get more ridership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4328 -> 91 Trim (Baseline Stn @ 4:53 PM)

I'm sure they don't typically use inveros on the 91 except for routes 82 and 84 when they extend as route 91 Laurier during the AM peak.

5007 looks like it's exhaust pipe over heats cause all around the pipe is burnt 

 

5155 -> 270 Barrhaven (Queensway station @ 4:56 PM)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5128 seems to be frequently on the 80 Tunney's Pasture in the morning as I rode it twice recently. I saw it at 08:04.

5115 was on the 80 Barrhaven Centre route at 15:17.

On 9/20/2018 at 4:25 PM, OCTranspoMaster said:

From past experience, it's usually not until Carlingwood or Lincoln Fields that you'd get more ridership.

6613 was on 85 Bayshore at the same time, but this bus was much fuller compared to 6640 having only three people. Was 15:10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spotted within moments of each other around 2:50pm on Nicholas:

8122 displaying Merry Xmas (maybe the driver is traveling in time!)

4249 displaying Just Married (most likely a joke)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Saw a D60LF signed "R2 South Keys" at LeBreton Stn layup. Guys do you know what the code is to get it signed as "R2"?

Wild guess, but it probably includes "702"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dudebrains said:

Spotted within moments of each other around 2:50pm on Nicholas:

8122 displaying Merry Xmas (maybe the driver is traveling in time!)

4249 displaying Just Married (most likely a joke)

Definitely a joke as 4249 was scrapped a few years ago due to a fire.

6 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Saw a D60LF signed "R2 South Keys" at LeBreton Stn layup. Guys do you know what the code is to get it signed as "R2"?

2 with a bunch of letters actually. I dont know what they are but R1 and R2 signs are programmed....

An example of what code is would be 1BBA or 2AAE

There is about 20 signs for R1 and 10 or so for R2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enviro_1203 said:

 

There is about 20 signs for R1 and 10 or so for R2

Would the reason for having so many variations be so that they can say R2 South/Sud - Carleton as well as R2 North/Nord - Carleton, basically on for each direction for all the stations on the line, if they only run it partially?

-Charlie

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 4:54 PM, OCTranspoMaster said:

4328 -> 91 Trim (Baseline Stn @ 4:53 PM)

I'm sure they don't typically use inveros on the 91 except for routes 82 and 84 when they extend as route 91 Laurier during the AM peak.

 

not true... many 91s at rush hour are 40ft buses even in PM peak 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Charlie said:

Would the reason for having so many variations be so that they can say R2 South/Sud - Carleton as well as R2 North/Nord - Carleton, basically on for each direction for all the stations on the line, if they only run it partially?

-Charlie

Most likely!

I imagine something similar for R1, perhaps some eastbound buses will end at Hurdman, as will some westbound.

My guesses are West St-Laurent, West Hurdman, West Lees, West Parliament, West Pimisi, West Tunney's Pasture, East Rideau, East Hurdman, East St-Laurent, and East Blair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×