Buses in the snow

Enviro 500

How do buses in your neck of the woods handle snow falls when snow removal service is either too slow or not available in the winter?

In MT land they do good, except for the Orion VIs which have the off balance engine like your LFSes. The D60LFs don't get sent out but that's it. The D40LFs, Orion VIIs and the Orion Vs get the job done.

Our snow removal workers are usually on strike every winter. :(

LOL, back a few years ago (When we used to get lots of snow!) me and my older brother would wake up early during a snowstorm while it was still snowing and there was lots of snow on the ground to go ride MT.

I have not had any issues manouvering any of the YRT buses in snow (Orion I's, Orion VI's, Orion V's, D40LFs etc). I do find the EZ Riders can slide a bit though, although nothing that you can't work with.

Same here. I never bothered to take pictures in the winter. Maybe I'll take a few winter shots this year. We got are first snow accumulation of the year today in Montreal!

Nice! Our snow plows were out that day we got snow and it was a pretty horrible sight as it reminded me of last winter with those awful 30CM snow falls... those were killers trying to shovel out stuff... and were so frequently happening... than they melted causing ice than another 30cm snow fall...

arg that winter was horrible last winter. I hope that that doesn't happen again.

Back on topic, once I get a D60LF picture of them being stuck, expect it to me my new avatar.

hey i was wondering, was that orion I a 30ft or 40ft? i have never seen a RH orion I before

Richmond Hill always had baby Orion Is just like the Markham Vaughan and Newmarket/Aurora Transits in the 80s. 8709 was one of the units that made it through amalgamation.

As for buses in the snow, here is one from last winter. Currently in Toronto we are experiencing Vancouver like temperatures with no snow in sight for now. :wacko:

http://felix-poon.fotopic.net/p32729345.html