Favourite Photo

Gerbil

GREAT shot!
Wow, some very interesting scenery and busses

Roadside chalets, mountains, sweet!

Apparently, this is the norm for Switzerland.
Indeed. The bus is spotless and I LOVE how the scenery is reflected in the windows. It looks almost like it is painted on.

These guys asked for this, so I dedicate to them my BEST transit photo they commented on "Reactions to transit enthusiasts"! :D

Arigato, guys!

wavingdriver1.jpg

Was TTC's 2006 planned or did it just show up while you guys were on the charter and the driver agreed to pose it?

haha.. i was just about to ask that same question.. good thing i read the posts first or else i would of looked like a moron.. LOL.

Was TTC's 2006 planned or did it just show up while you guys were on the charter and the driver agreed to pose it?

It showed up by complete fluke! The driver of that bus was funny. We asked him if he could park the bus side by side with the Markham bus.

Charter Member: Can you park the bus beside this other bus for a photo?

Driver of TTC 2006: You actually take pictures of buses?!

He was good enough to do it though!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some of my best photos.

1. STM 59-016, August, 2008.

I had just begun my career as a transit fan, and I found this rare bird laying over at Metro Cote-Vertu. It was our last roll sign-equipped bus.

59_016__A2_.jpg

2. STM 60-013, December, 2008.

After riding our last '90 MCI Classic on the 103, I ran over and got an amazing shot of it. This bus enjoyed a long and prosperous life at the STM's LaSalle division, and we even got to charter it last year.

60_013__A8_.jpg

3. STM 11-088, May, 2009.

Rode this one on the 31, and took this amazing picture after I got off at Metro Henri-Bourassa. This bus was also involved in a charter last year.

11_088__A3_.jpg

4. STM 12-011, April, 2009.

Saw it on Cote-Vertu, so I just had to get a pic. It's a siginficant bus for me because 12-011 is my birthdate (December 11th).

12_011__A4_.jpg

5. TTC 2302, December, 2009.

I was fanning at York University on a sunny, but cold day during my winter break in Toronto, and I saw this shiny Fishbowl pull up. It had recently "graduated" from the TTC's Life Extension Program (LEP).

TTC_2302__A3_.jpg

6. TTC 6705, December, 2009.

I had heard that the TTC's '91 Orion Vs were on the endangered species list, so I really wanted to get pictures of at least one before they were all retired. I got my chance one day while it was on the 90A.

TTC_6705__A1_.jpg

7. TTC 2245, February, 2009.

While not the world's greatest photo, TTC 2245 is a siginificant bus for me because it was the subject of my first-ever transit video. I got to ride it again during a recent trip to Toronto.

TTC_2245__A1_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Might as well throw one in the pot...a rainy night waiting for the bus.

Christ, don't quite remember to see such beautiful photo!!! :):):o

Nice!! :unsure:

---------------

This isn't a bus, but I thought you guys would like, a GENUINE swiss Class 460.

In my opinion, good light, sumptuous angle and a great choice for a rail machine:

photo-0127.jpg

Is this OK for you?

Little overblown there Dan, but light streaking is always cool. :unsure:

Might as well throw one in the pot...a rainy night waiting for the bus. I think I inadvertently stepped in a puddle after this shot...

29117s_UnionStationGOBusTerminal_rainynight.jpg

absolutely GORGEOUS.

Do you remember the ISO and shutter speed?

Christ, don't quite remember to see such beautiful photo!!! :o:o:o

Nice!! :)

---------------

This isn't a bus, but I thought you guys would like, a GENUINE swiss Class 460.

In my opinion, good light, sumptuous angle and a great choice for a rail machine:

photo-0127.jpg

Is this OK for you?

Did you post this before in another forum? great shot. Looks like a British Rail loco right down to the logo.:)