The weather network FINALLY Changes their LF MUSIC

The Crazy Hybrid

• 2 weeks later...
Well, so much for the new version to stick; as of this morning, back to the old.

Looks like it was a Holiday version. I couldn't see them playing that into April! They didn't have any holiday themed graphics to go along with the music this year though. Good or bad, I'll leave that up to you. When they do change the music I find myself playing the old tune in my head for a while. How often do they change it anyway?

I like this song for the Travellers Forecast:

makes my tears water.

I also like this other song for the Travellers forecast as well:

I like the music the weather Network was using around this time.

Especially the one they played which was the same as the theme music from PBS's 'The Joy of Painting' with Bob Ross but they played the entire song.

I actually made a tape of the weather network version with my cassette recorder in 98.

Which version?

There's quite a few! :P

Damn those are high quality video rips. Too good to be VHS.

There's one set of music which I liked especially in the mornings as it seemed somewhat motivational. After the Weather Network stopped using it Garaga, the garage door company began using it in their ads. It seemed weird at the time to hear TWN music on a different station! (CTV Toronto used some background music in a promo commercial involving a streetcar starting it's day I think, which was later used by Crest White Strips.)

My ultimate favourite is available from the musician here. It's "Drums in the Sun"

I used to watch and record the weather network religiously, and would sit in front of the TV with cassette recorder, recording the audio. I would sing along with the music playing as well as narrate was was on the screen. I still have all the tapes but I don't plan on uploading anything--no one needs to know what I sounded like when I was five.

I don't know if TWN is sampling different tunes and having the viewers choose music, but this morning they had a differnt tune playing with the local forecast with something like "Local Forecast #5" on the screen. The funny thing was that the weather displayed was for Brampton instead of Mississauga! Not that there's much difference. There's nothing on their website to indicate that this is the case, but just wondering...