Olympic Torch

MiExpress

Well as we all know the Olympic Torch is on its journey across Canada to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics.

I was wondering if anyone has some photos to share or other tidbits? I've attached my photos, unfortunately a arm from someone trying to shoo back the crowd (why, nobody was even close to it...) got in the way of my front view shot, just my luck. I however got a good rear view shot which I have attached.

Pictures taken as the torch passed through Port Credit, ON this afternoon at around 2PM.

torch_a.jpg

Those officials running with them (RCMP officers) are abusing their powers. Shoving and injuring people who are just trying to get close for a look/picture. True Canadian spirit eh?

I ran among the bicycle cops alongside the flame in Toronto without any physical incidents. Just the usual "Please stay on the sidewalk!" But there was no sidewalk left to go onto.

Well as we all know the Olympic Torch is on its journey across Canada to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics.

I was wondering if anyone has some photos to share or other tidbits? I've attached my photos, unfortunately a arm from someone trying to shoo back the crowd (why, nobody was even close to it...) got in the way of my front view shot, just my luck. I however got a good rear view shot which I have attached.

Pictures taken as the torch passed through Port Credit, ON this afternoon at around 2PM.

Gee, I was there as well. Until the friggin cube truck blocked part of the view, managed to get a photo when the torch passes the next person.

After failing to see the torch in Downtown Toronto on December 17th because of the protest I managed to catch it on the morning of December 19th on its short leg in Etobicoke (western part of Toronto) before it it entered Mississauga. Below are some pictures taken on Mill Rd as the torch reached Burnhamthorpe Rd.

olyimpic_1.jpg olyimpic_2.jpg olyimpic_3.jpg