winnipeg transit high floor sightings

transit boy

• 2 weeks later...
Today I saw 877 on Main Street by City Hall going northbound but the wiki says that it is retired.

hmmm... that's strange. :)

I haven't seen the '87 D40's around anymore (640, 643, 658). Does anyone know if they have been retired?

• 4 months later...
Looking at the wiki looks like the 800 are slowly phased out from the new list(only 29 left)Also the 700 why is there no 768 and 769

There were three LFR orders for 33, 33 and 30 buses. In order to fit all those into the 700 number block of 99 (recall that WT does not use numbers ending in 00), the individual orders were numbered 701-733, 735-767 and 770-799. As a result, there is no 734, 768 or 769.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

We're seeing a huge shift in equipment assignments; the kind you get just before mass retirements. All three 87 D40s (640, 643 and 658) are out daily, we're seeing a LOT of Classics on the 2x expresses and a lot

of Classics and HF D40s on the U of M expresses. A lot of old D40s, including 801 and 803 are very visible. 837 and 878 are gone to scrap as of Friday, and 841 will likely join them soon. There are at least two more

units as the fareboxes, radio heads, and ASA systems have to be removed from them to equip the new 100 series lowfloors, of which there are now six.

We're seeing a lot of the D40 rebuilds doing gypsies and one trip wonders in and out of the downtown core, but we're seeing more of the 300s than 600s.

First off, I wish I joined CPTDB before 2011, so I could read this, and then ride my favorite D40 bus ever one last time (and remember it).

Secondly, no kidding! One run most times, two if lucky, three rarely. Too bad the D40s don't appear mid-day as much. The 47 and 60 could use a little relief. Well, that or have the 61 run mid-day and then take all those U of M students off the 60. Since they're University students at their physical prime, they could climb some stairs!

• 1 year later...

I just got a text from a reliable source that #365 is still active in Winnipeg. I was under the impression that all the 1992's were retired and gone already.

Oh no! I see 365 deadheading on Portage all the time. Sadly, I'm always too late getting out my camera to capture a photo. But yes, I have seen it running around quite a bit lately.