winnipeg transit high floor sightings

transit boy

i remember one summer when the redwood birdge was closed and they used D30LF and one of them after they did the 20 then it went to do a trip and a half on a 60.

D30LF? on 60?? thats odd. They put a DE60LFr articulated bus on the 60, and then a D30LF?? Doesnt make sense to me.

Speaking of D30LF, today, i seen this mystery bus. I was on the 90 departing KP to go to New Flyer, when i see in the distant a 30 footer... and i thought... meh... jus another D30LF, nothing special, until I see "OUT of service" on the Destination sign, where winnipeg buses say "NOT ins ervice". Unfortunaly the bus passed in the opposite direction, and i could only catch a glimpse of it. Anyways, it had a destination sigh slanted upwards a little and had the grills and back end peices of an excelsior. Is there a 30 foot excelsior New Flyer built?? Or is jus an upgrade D30LFR?? im not sure, but it was differnet.

D30LF? on 60?? thats odd. They put a DE60LFr articulated bus on the 60, and then a D30LF?? Doesnt make sense to me.

Speaking of D30LF, today, i seen this mystery bus. I was on the 90 departing KP to go to New Flyer, when i see in the distant a 30 footer... and i thought... meh... jus another D30LF, nothing special, until I see "OUT of service" on the Destination sign, where winnipeg buses say "NOT ins ervice". Unfortunaly the bus passed in the opposite direction, and i could only catch a glimpse of it. Anyways, it had a destination sigh slanted upwards a little and had the grills and back end peices of an excelsior. Is there a 30 foot excelsior New Flyer built?? Or is jus an upgrade D30LFR?? im not sure, but it was differnet.

WOW! Please tell me you took a photo of that bus! By the sounds of it, you didn't have a chance however.... Interesting spotting!

WOW! Please tell me you took a photo of that bus! By the sounds of it, you didn't have a chance however.... Interesting spotting!

Im so sorry... i wish i had a car... then transit fanning would be SO much easier!! I can try looking for it at New Flyer next friday if u want?

What colour was it? Brandon Transit uses "Out of Service". (And plus a new order of buses is expected from New Flyer)

What colour was it? Brandon Transit uses "Out of Service". (And plus a new order of buses is expected from New Flyer)

It was xcelsior blue... i can confirm it is a 35 foot Blue Xcelsior... and its being tested by New Flyer in Winnipeg

It would be somthin if Brandon got some Xcelsiors!!

It was xcelsior blue... i can confirm it is a 35 foot Blue Xcelsior... and its being tested by New Flyer in Winnipeg

It would be somthin if Brandon got some Xcelsiors!!

Has a DxxLFR front end on it though. Saw it downtown and didn't think to try getting a picture. Only thing Xcelsior about it was the rear end (windows in particular.)

Has a DxxLFR front end on it though. Saw it downtown and didn't think to try getting a picture. Only thing Xcelsior about it was the rear end (windows in particular.)

I saw it too!!! The front was an LFR style, but the remaining of the bus Was excelsior. It was a 40 foot model though, not a 35 or 30. But it was in the Excelsior blue paint, but was was surprisingly different was the rear, where instead of the grills, it had a rear window!! Another difference was the roofline, which didnt have the front bulge or the roof shell, but it had two rooftop unites that were unfamiliar looking. I saw a glimpse of the interior, which was bare metal and very few seats, (design model maybe?). The bus as at Main/Pioneer around noon, and it stopped right infront of me!!! I pulled out a camera, but it died!!! >:) And my cellphone was full. I HAVE THE WORST LUCK TAkING PICS OF BUSES!1

I saw it too!!! The front was an LFR style, but the remaining of the bus Was excelsior. It was a 40 foot model though, not a 35 or 30. But it was in the Excelsior blue paint, but was was surprisingly different was the rear, where instead of the grills, it had a rear window!! Another difference was the roofline, which didnt have the front bulge or the roof shell, but it had two rooftop unites that were unfamiliar looking. I saw a glimpse of the interior, which was bare metal and very few seats, (design model maybe?). The bus as at Main/Pioneer around noon, and it stopped right infront of me!!! I pulled out a camera, but it died!!! >:) And my cellphone was full. I HAVE THE WORST LUCK TAkING PICS OF BUSES!1

I'm going to Winnipeg on Tuesday for "Christmas visiting", see if I can help search. Also do you think you can make a rough drawing of it?

• 5 weeks later...