Scrap/salvage yard?

Downsview 108

I'd like to know the answer to this question on where this scrap yard is located. In front of one of the OC fishbowls is another fishbowl which looks to be ex-STO or STCUM.

The only places i could think of would be located near Armprier or Pembroke .

I saw something on the old board re a scrap yard where the Inkeris ( however spelt ) were sent to

The only places i could think of would be located near Armprier or Pembroke .

I saw something on the old board re a scrap yard where the Inkeris ( however spelt ) were sent to

Yep, that's right. It's Ed's Salvage, 4447 Upper Dwyer Hill Road in Arnprior. They're pretty good there, got all kinds of stuff (rollsigns, 'Orion' and 'Ikarus' crests, among other things) off the Orion IIIs back in '06. In addition to 6833, the Cornwall fishbowls, and the Orion/Ikaruses you'll find a bunch of OC's old Orion Is. There was also another fishie I wasn't able to identify back when I went.

Yep, that's right. It's Ed's Salvage, 4447 Upper Dwyer Hill Road in Arnprior. They're pretty good there, got all kinds of stuff (rollsigns, 'Orion' and 'Ikarus' crests, among other things) off the Orion IIIs back in '06. In addition to 6833, the Cornwall fishbowls, and the Orion/Ikaruses you'll find a bunch of OC's old Orion Is. There was also another fishie I wasn't able to identify back when I went.

is there anyway to get there by bus?

Crap, they got tons of buses in there! Maybe I'll check it out next year.
Well if your going to go, I might as well say it's a good 45 minute drive from Downtown. The scary part is that it is still inside the City of Ottawa. No kidding this city is so dysfunctional.

(Just as an FYI I was using the 417 when I went out there)

I wonder when that 1968 bowl was retired.

It would have been in the late 1980s. The last time I rode a "red number bus" was in the fall of 1988 when I caught a '67 fishbowl coming home from school, but by the time I started high school in the fall of 1990 the oldest bus in service was 7284.

Then and now, my favourite buses of all time were the 1960s fishbowls... ;)

• 9 months later...