Wiki Colours

Articulated

User:YRTeen/Standards

I've started compiling colour codes for transit agencies in Canada into this chart. Each agency has 2 or 3 colours that are present on their logo and/or livery. These colours are as accurate as possible without getting specific codes from the designers of the logos.

I'd like to ask that future wiki projects using colour please only use the colour codes listed in my chart. All that's needed is to highlight the code in the specific box, then copy and paste the code to the spot in the page you're editing.

In addition, for the sake of standardization, it would be much appreciated if current agency pages/templates using color please update the colours to the ones in my chart.

There are only a few agencies that have been listed in these charts. If anybody has links to a logo please post them here and I can take the colours off and add them to my chart.

I'm not a fan of this at all. I appreciate the effort people put into these ideas, however, it seems to me that people are forgetting the point of a wiki is not for it to be fancy, but to rather provide information.

i'm inclined to agree, especially for the bright colors it's somewhat blinding. might be because im all for simplicity; don't get me wrong some of them look great and the effort deserves accolades.

I'd like to thank everybody for their comments in this thread - it is everybody's wiki of course.

I'll start reverting the tables when time permits (last exam is today, so probably not until the weekend). For the time being, I'll keep agency templates and the infoboxes using colour, and also try to add infoboxes to agencies that don't have them yet.

• Board Admin
All the charts that have been colourized have been removed from the wiki. Infoboxes at the top of pages and the templates at the bottom have not been touched (and will still be prefered to be done in the 'new style').

Yeah the stylized infoboxes are great.

Thanks a lot for all your work!