BusRider

Broken-Down Buses

I was driving an afternoon 16 in the fall. Really don't miss it. Way busier, worse traffic and because it pulled in around 19:30 it generally got a 400 series D40LF. I think I had 700 series 4 times on that run, 2 of those times due to being traded off.

Who trained you for your job?? I know one of the trainers Carlos who's like the head of the training Department. Anyways, i dont like how the 16 route is designed. I dont like all the brances on the south portion. Its confusing and it makes you bus come less often. Im REALLY not a fan of the 400's. I would rather ride a Nova than those!!

Who trained you for your job?? I know one of the trainers Carlos who's like the head of the training Department. Anyways, i dont like how the 16 route is designed. I dont like all the brances on the south portion. Its confusing and it makes you bus come less often. Im REALLY not a fan of the 400's. I would rather ride a Nova than those!!

400's are getting old. 98 and 99 vintage, although the first 401-443 were off the road for several months while suspension and brake issues were addressed. My biggest complaint though is the mix and match seats - USSC, yes, but newer seat cushions mixed with old seat backs. Actually preferred the Recaro seats which were initially installed in 7 or 8 of the first batch of D30LF. The newer USSC seats aren't bad though.

Carlos is junior to me and just an instructor.

As for the 16, a lot of routes in Winnipeg could use a redesign. A big portion of the route system IMHO. Too much focus on efficiency and not enough focus on service. But that's the subject of another thread. Enough going off topic. :)

Unless the OGs are different, the hybrids apparently cannot be towed from the front, but they are doing it right there....

Thought I can'tsee the NGs being much different from the OGs mechaniclly.

OC just doesn't know what they're doing.

Err.. today, 1226 (a TTC NG hybrid) was being towed from the front.
Yeah OC is just stupid....

Here's my share from my collection!

Translink Flyer E901A trolley #2714 with blown airbags on the curbside:

http://www.trans-continental.ca/vancouver/...2714_BOed_B.jpg

Brand new Kowloon Motor Bus (Hong Kong) 2008 Scania K310UD ASU2 broke down (malfunctioned AC system) on Nathan Road in Mong Kok:

http://www.trans-continental.ca/Asia/HK/KMB/ASU/ASU2_F.jpg

What about accident scene? does that count?

Translink 2008 New Flyer D60LFR B8110 swapped some paint with a parked Honda at UBC!

http://www.trans-continental.ca/vancouver/...10_Accident.jpg

Dave

Here are both of my photos of buses on tow trucks. I've got a couple abandoned broken down ones as well that I might post later.

{images removed}

I like the fact that the D40LF says "Sorry - not in service" on its front sign even though it's obviously being towed. I guess they don't want to confuse any potential passengers! ;)

GMC RTS on the hook in Queens, 2001

mid_3959b_nbl_96st_062001mp.jpg

Road call for a brand new CNG Orion VII in Brooklyn, 2005

mid_7808_ciav_dchstr_12032005mp.jpg

Nova RTS in Rhode Island, rear bumper cover dropped off while in service, 2001

mid_0053a_res_atl_06232001mpjpg.jpg

CTA RTS-08 limping back to the garage with its engine door open, 2005

mid_4561b_FosterKedzie_08122005mp.jpg

I like the fact that the D40LF says "Sorry - not in service" on its front sign even though it's obviously being towed. I guess they don't want to confuse any potential passengers! :mellow:

Yeah. It seems as thought the buses' was left in the on position (but with the engine off) as the headlights and top blue accessible lights were on as well.

I suppose thats colder, and Brandon must have a very realiable fleet then!!

Nevermind. I was just in the shops today. 3, 12, 45, and 46 broke down.

Nevermind. I was just in the shops today. 3, 12, 45, and 46 broke down.

:mellow:, isnt that a quarter of the fleet?? Thats not reliable!!!

Unless the OGs are different, the hybrids apparently cannot be towed from the front, but they are doing it right there....

Thought I can'tsee the NGs being much different from the OGs mechaniclly.

Err.. today, 1226 (a TTC NG hybrid) was being towed from the front.

I not sure what the case is with the OGs but I know with the NGs, if you tow it from the front, you have to remove the rear axle shaft. Gervais Towing in Ottawa have now refused to tow any OC Transpo Hybrid vehicles because in the past, they towed 5006 from the front without removing the rear axle shaft and it resulted in expensive damages.