Broken-Down Buses

BusRider

I checked the pages in this section and didn't see anything like this so here it is. Anyway this is for posting photos of buses that are broke down and aren't able to complete a route.

well...this one did complete its route, but didn't make it back down :P

TTC 9449 seen broken down last week on Keele near Teston, the northern endpoint of Route 107C Keele North:

9449.JPG

Here's a few of mine.

One of our Ford Shuttle buses (now retired) on the hook.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chsscassidy/3298719052/

2006 New Flyer D40LFR B/O'd in the middle of the night. When your bus leaks air, you stop right away.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chsscassidy/4018179087/

Another Ford shuttle, this time siting around broken.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chsscassidy/4018926148/

I've got way more and will post them, once I find the time :P

Chris Cassidy

Is it quite cold in Winnipeg at this time?

Was (and still is) cold, yes. Our buses run with water rather than anti-freeze in the cooling system and I don't think the cooling system of a D40LFR is meant to be run in Winnipeg winter weather without anti-freeze. My D40LFR, as well as at least 2 others, had frozen rads and hot engines. The D40LFR I had today was fine though.

Unless the OGs are different, the hybrids apparently cannot be towed from the front, but they are doing it right there....

Thought I can'tsee the NGs being much different from the OGs mechaniclly.

:P:wacko: :angry:

This resembles as the chinchillas; you can't grab this animal by the body. Instead, you must pick them by the tail! Seems like hybrid Orions are the true "chinchillas" of the streets! ROTFLMAO!

Was (and still is) cold, yes. Our buses run with water rather than anti-freeze in the cooling system and I don't think the cooling system of a D40LFR is meant to be run in Winnipeg winter weather without anti-freeze. My D40LFR, as well as at least 2 others, had frozen rads and hot engines. The D40LFR I had today was fine though.

Wow!!! Thats quite somthing! you would think that the new ones wouldnt have any problems... BTW... whats ur route and run number?

Don't know if I if should give out that information! :) I'm on a 14 early afternoon until evening on the weekdays I drive though.

Oh i c... every friday i go bus fanning, i usually take the 16 to downtown (16-3 i think) and then just catch whatever pleases me until rush hour is over!! :P I only take the 14 if i miss the 16

Oh i c... every friday i go bus fanning, i usually take the 16 to downtown (16-3 i think) and then just catch whatever pleases me until rush hour is over!! :) I only take the 14 if i miss the 16

I was driving an afternoon 16 in the fall. Really don't miss it. Way busier, worse traffic and because it pulled in around 19:30 it generally got a 400 series D40LF. I think I had 700 series 4 times on that run, 2 of those times due to being traded off.