SD160 roofline upgrades spotings

LRT

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know what the next units will be for the upgrade?

Same SD160 (series 5) that I spoted in the body shop is now in the paint booth at Anderson, not sure on the unit number though....

Here is a picture of 2207 at the tail end of a consist leaving Brentwood from last week.

2207-6.jpg

Nice pic, I drove 2205 4 times last week!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2202 on the 201 today. Had that new train smell.

Yes it was! That smell is the new "Air Conditioning unit" smell.....new train smell will have to wait a few months when the new series 8 SD160 cars arrive!!

• 4 weeks later...
2202, 2204, 2207 on the 202 today, all in a "new style" consist!! Looks good!!

Well that consist didn't last long (like 2 days) some one broke a window in one of the cars....the consist will be broken up..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw an unknown SD160 (no fleet numbers) with the new livery applied at Anderson this morning driven by a serviceman heading north. The interesting part was, though, that the tip-in windows appeared to have been changed out to non-opening ones (like the ones on 2301). No a/c on this one yet.

P6220011.JPG

P6220010.JPG

Nice shot, that's 2211 heading out on a test drive, it will get the new roof, and AC at OBMF. All SD160s will recieve the new sealed windows to standerdize the fleet. It got stuck behind the acceident train on 7th ave this afternoon

Nice shot, that's 2211 heading out on a test drive, it will get the new roof, and AC at OBMF. All SD160s will recieve the new sealed windows to standerdize the fleet. It got stuck behind the acceident train on 7th ave this afternoon

Thanks! Those new windows seem to have a darker tint... is that the same film that you said 2301 has?

Thanks! Those new windows seem to have a darker tint... is that the same film that you said 2301 has?

There is a thick clear film to prevent etching of the windows, it was hard to tell if the windows are tinted on 2301. Some of the older SD160s have the same film on them, for example 2202 has the film installed on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wrong!! That car is 2224, yes we can add that car to the upgrade list too, it has recieved the new roof, sealed windows and A/C. It's currently at OBMF waiting to have it's fleet numbers applied to it's new paint job. I belive this car is the 1st series 6 refurb too.

As far as car 2211 it's still at AG waiting for it's new roof, and A/C. Car 2211 does have sealed windows by the way.

So we have...

2202, 2204, 2205, 2207 in service

2211, 2224 in the shops

2224 might be in service in time for Stampede

I was wrong!! That car is 2224, yes we can add that car to the upgrade list too, it has recieved the new roof, sealed windows and A/C. It's currently at OBMF waiting to have it's fleet numbers applied to it's new paint job. I belive this car is the 1st series 6 refurb too.

As far as car 2211 it's still at AG waiting for it's new roof, and A/C. Car 2211 does have sealed windows by the way.

So we have...

2202, 2204, 2205, 2207 in service

2211, 2224 in the shops

2224 might be in service in time for Stampede

Hopefully 2220 gets done soon loads of rust............