Sign in to follow this  
BusRider

Signature Image

So I used the "Upload an Image" like at the top of the page on the board to upload my "Transfer Image" and It worked (showed up) for a little bit but after a few minutes it would show up. (and still won't) Any tips or fixes to help my situation?

That server died... so no images uploaded using that feature will be visible for the next little while... I have to see if I can recover the data - the computer itself won't turn on.

Well I am recovering and backing up the data right now, but will need to find another computer to use in the meantime.

Ideally that feature will be implemented on the production CPTDB server in the future.

UPDATE:

Everything is good to go now (and on a faster machine too!) - thanks for your patience.

I'll probably be shutting it down for around 15 minutes tomorrow night to mount the hard drive properly.

Dear A. Wong,

It seems that someone has replaced my signature with some sort of paparazzi photo.

Do we have a timeline on when this might be corrected?

Will I be reimbursed for damages resulting from my mental anguish?

Thanks in advance!

Dear A. Wong,

It seems that someone has replaced my signature with some sort of paparazzi photo.

Do we have a timeline on when this might be corrected?

Will I be reimbursed for damages resulting from my mental anguish?

Thanks in advance!

Dear M. Parsons,

I see.

No.

Definitely not. (I'm Asian)

You're welcome!

Pardon the bump here, but to anyone who has knowledge of doing this:

I've seen plenty of signatures with images that lead to websites. How can I mange to put an image to a website within my signature? What is the process to do it correctly so it can show up after erach post I make?

Thanks so much, everyone for any help I receive.

Pardon the bump here, but to anyone who has knowledge of doing this: I've seen plenty of signatures with images that lead to websites. How can I mange to put an image to a website within my signature? What is the process to do it correctly so it can show up after erach post I make? Thanks so much, everyone for any help I receive.

The way to do this is to turn the image into a link. When you go to edit your signature, click the 'Picture' button, copy the URL of the image you want into the box, click 'OK' and you will have an image in your signature. Highlight that image, then click the 'Link' button. Copy the URL of the website you wish to link to, click 'OK' and you should be good to go.

Your signature will always show up in every post you make until you change it.

Pardon the bump here, but to anyone who has knowledge of doing this:

I've seen plenty of signatures with images that lead to websites. How can I mange to put an image to a website within my signature? What is the process to do it correctly so it can show up after erach post I make?

Thanks so much, everyone for any help I receive.

Isn't there a rule agains giant signature images? That "B-fast" one seems somewhat excessive and obtrusive.

I think there had been. However, as memory serves, it perhaps was in place with the old board. I think it had been lifted once the new board was introduced.

I since had gotten rid of that image. Initially when I looked at it just prior to posting it, it looked reasonable, until I saw it after making one post. it looked well, large. I guess, perhaps an 'unwritten' rule if you will as it relates to how our signatures should look like so it doesn't distract us from the post we are reading.