AlexLy

General LOL moments

12 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

A combined LOL/WTF moment:

I was looking on Amtrak's website for tickets between Dallas and Chicago. While they gave me the direct way, they also suggested an alternate route that runs by way of Los Angeles, Portland  Oregon, and Chicago.

Because you're a good railfan, you bought tickets for the alternate routing, right?

• Haha 5

Looking over my grocery shopping list for tomorrows trip to Safeway. Pretty sure I wrote down Onion.  Reading it over again, I could have swore it read Orion. Hmmm, gonna need a larger shopping bag for that... 🤣

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

Looking over my grocery shopping list for tomorrows trip to Safeway. Pretty sure I wrote down Onion.  Reading it over again, I could have swore it read Orion. Hmmm, gonna need a larger shopping bag for that... 🤣

Are you sure you didn't intend on getting an Orion? They're good buses I find. You may want to go down to the place called the "Orion Bus Shop" in your city to pick out an Orion bus. Don't worry, they have every kind of Orion bus model to choose from too. (just kidding)

As for getting it home, you may want to get this:

2E433E9B-8779-4453-BA70-13B8A6E1E5D6.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Are you sure you didn't intend on getting an Orion? They're good buses I find. You may want to go down to the place called the "Orion Bus Shop" in your city to pick out an Orion bus. Don't worry, they have every kind of Orion bus model to choose from too. (just kidding)

As for getting it home, you may want to get this:

2E433E9B-8779-4453-BA70-13B8A6E1E5D6.jpeg

Face reveal?

7 minutes ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

Face reveal?

The person in the photo isn't me. It was just the best photo of a large shopping bag that I could find.

4 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

I’m just laughing my ass off at how ridiculous it is to have rain in January.

It's not funny when the temperature dips and the sidewalks and roads turn to ice.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

why did u change from NovaBus76 who was a respectable person, and posted some pretty useful things, to this, a useless member that's main goal is to antagonize others. I posted what I did, and I couldn't care less about what you think about it, and I don't think anybody else does either. You've been told before to drop things like this. Thinking about reporting, just so you know.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, NoUse4AName said:
4 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

why did u change from NovaBus76 who was a respectable person, and posted some pretty useful things, to this, a useless member that's main goal is to antagonize others. I posted what I did, and I couldn't care less about what you think about it, and I don't think anybody else does either. You've been told before to drop things like this. Thinking about reporting, just so you know.

👀

That’s actually a specialized sealer tape from 3M. We’ve been retrofitting the roofs of our Orions with it too. It’s more effective than trying to chase down transient leaks with sikaflex. Does the whole seam end to end once and for all.

Admittedly, that install looks like shit.

• Thanks 4

I found it humorous, albeit not surprising, that the word of the day on my 'word-a-day' desk calendar for today is Circadian, given the switch to DST today. 

Behind every piece of humour there is a degree of truth so while I did laugh at how the page was laid out, well, jeez, at least they're being honest about this place with that top item on the list.

IMG_4638.JPG

• Like 1

My morning driver sure got from my stop to the transit center quickly this morning. I mean, very quick !!!  I commented to him, "You sure got me here fast, you trying to get rid of me or something LOL "  He replied, " You know it" 🤣

For those who live in Ottawa and record videos on both OC Transpo and the STO, it's really funny how quickly you learn French, especially when the first thing you learn is to tell people to piss off in both languages. 

1 hour ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

For those who live in Ottawa and record videos on both OC Transpo and the STO, it's really funny how quickly you learn French, especially when the first thing you learn is to tell people to piss off in both languages. 

What I find very ridiculous is when the OC Transpo Next Stop Announcement announces the next stop in both English and French when really they are repeating the same location twice. 

On 1/12/2019 at 9:32 PM, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

I like ALCO locomotives so I went to the ALCO store but they were out of stock.😭

100_8982.thumb.JPG.bbdff711038d967eba71d82de52e93ea.JPG

So I went to my local No Frills for OJ last night, and I saw an older Asian lady using produce bags instead of the grocery bags just to save a few cents. I had a little chuckle when I saw that.