AlexLy

General LOL moments

For the first "General LOL Moment" of 2018, I could not stop laughing at this video of someone playing Chess Titans on Windows, boasting at reducing his opponent to bare bones and winning in the most "brilliant" way possible. See for yourself all the flaws and wrong terms he used along the way:

Got an empty envelope in the mail from the nursing home. No indication of it even having been sealed. So either something that was in there fell out between it being post and arriving in my mail box, or whoever was stuffing the envelopes missed one. LOL..  Anyhow ended up phoning them just to see what their last mailout was.  Turns out it was just their quarterly newsletter, so nothing earth shattering. They have stacks of them at the nursing home, so I told the lady not to bother mailing another one out.

Today I saw a sign that said it was -127 degrees Celsius. Moments later I saw a second one that said it was +1 degree Celsius. Clearly the second sign was right.

One of the resident cats in the nursing home brought my mom a present today (a mouse). Happened just as I was leaving, so I didn't stick around for the ensuing hilarity.

• Haha 3

A friend of mine works at a Market Research company and last night a child answered the phone and whispered "I see dead people".. LOL..

• Haha 1

Made pretty good time at the pool today. Took about 10 minutes off my time. Upon leaving the building I noticed the cashier was having a bit o' lunch, looked like oats with applesauce and raisins. I glanced at her food with bedroom eyes and told her it sure looked good.

On that note, a rather large fellow was also leaving the building and asked me if I was hungry. I replied with a resounding YES. Without missing a beat he said, "I'm not surprised. I worked up an appetite just WATCHING you swim" LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today at Home Depot, I was unable to help a customer find an item he was looking for. At the same time, the U2 song with the chorus "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" was playing.

Doesn't beat the time the Pina Colada song came on when I was making Pina Colada ice cream!

2 hours ago, Downsview 108 said:

I guess this is what they mean when they say they're going to clean up NYC. Should have gone FedEx though.:rolleyes:

http://indianexpress.com/article/trending/trending-globally/yikes-train-carrying-10-million-pounds-of-poop-stranded-at-a-small-town-in-alabama/

What a complete shitshow. 

Sorry. 

I'll show myself out

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

At the bus stop this morning... Looks real..

Photo2291.jpg

I hate to be a fly on the wall during that particular spousal disagreement.:rolleyes:

On 4/15/2018 at 1:10 AM, Doppelkupplung said:

You know what I find funny about people who can't drive in the snow? When they immediately decide its okay to drive in the middle of two lanes, and honk at anyone who dares to pass. 

Sorry

It won't happen again.:rolleyes:

A combined LOL/WTF moment from earlier at work:

A manager asked me to spot him on the forklift but another forklift certified employee ended up driving in the manager's place, but the manager was there to oversee at first. This employee seemed to burn rubber with the forklift and at one point did donuts in the parking lot in front of the manager and I. Fortunately the manager was a good sport about it because he wasn't in danger of hitting anyone. 

Two days earlier I oversaw my supervisor speaking with a customer because the customer was looking for an item that had been discontinued due to poor sales last year. At one point the customer asked if they could speak with a manager and he said, "I'm the manager!"

Got the property tax bill in the mail this week.  Since mom and I are both named on the landtitle for the condo, we usually split the cost of the property tax.  This year we both pay $888.88.   !!!

• Haha 2

A combined LOL/WTF moment:

Earlier today I was on a GO train heaving to the CNE and there were some kids talking and one said that when they had kids, they wanted to name them C and N after the CNE. Another kid with them said they want to name their kids "Seven" and "Fridge".

I was visiting Montreal in a group. Just before we got on the Metro I tried to convince the rest of the group to take this direction but we ended up taking the other. And the run number displayed at the front of the Azur set we boarded was 888 (not kidding!)

A combined LOL/WTF moment:

I was looking on Amtrak's website for tickets between Dallas and Chicago. While they gave me the direct way, they also suggested an alternate route that runs by way of Los Angeles, Portland  Oregon, and Chicago.