General LOL moments

AlexLy

7 hours ago, Downsview 108 said:

Tourniquet entrance? They're separating the strung out people from the regular folks now? ?

A tourniquet has a couple of different meanings, but in this case I believe the poster meant to type turnstile. Funny mistake though, as it evokes a few crazy mental images.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Downsview 108 said:

Tourniquet entrance? They're separating the strung out people from the regular folks now? ?

6 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

A tourniquet has a couple of different meanings, but in this case I believe the poster meant to type turnstile. Funny mistake though, as it evokes a few crazy mental images.

I actually wrote turnstile at first, then corrected it because it wasn't really a turnstile, but more like what's in the picture, but with a single metal bar instead.

0a1cdf3837a6c4d8259f12b7f7c176e1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I learned the Flexity streetcars entered service earlier this year, and the old (wooden bodied?) streetcar in Haliburton is actually a CLRV.

https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/on/toronto/toronto-streetcars-are-finally-being-ditched-in-december-after-decades-of-service?fbclid=IwAR11Kym0jb3XUwvo4UN4iq0PO2ICtj3a6s2bMgGutJT7TQ5UpdrINZ9pnNs

Nice editorializing in the headline, too. Aren't news stories supposed to be remain unbiased?

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Today I learned the Flexity streetcars entered service earlier this year, and the old (wooden bodied?) streetcar in Haliburton is actually a CLRV.

https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/on/toronto/toronto-streetcars-are-finally-being-ditched-in-december-after-decades-of-service?fbclid=IwAR11Kym0jb3XUwvo4UN4iq0PO2ICtj3a6s2bMgGutJT7TQ5UpdrINZ9pnNs

Nice editorializing in the headline, too. Aren't news stories supposed to be remain unbiased?

You can't spell Narcity without the same four letters you use to spell narcotics. ?

• Haha 5

LOL. I actually applied to their team back in the spring without knowing of their poor reputation. After spending a couple of days putting together an application package, I got rejected 25 minutes after I sent it in. I was enraged at the time but looking back at it now I probably dodged a bullet. Though I guess that is a missed opportunity to have been the only person on their team who actually knows anything about streetcars. C'est la vie.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

LOL. I actually applied to their team back in the spring without knowing of their poor reputation. After spending a couple of days putting together an application package, I got rejected 25 minutes after I sent it in. I was enraged at the time but looking back at it now I probably dodged a bullet. Though I guess that is a missed opportunity to have been the only person on their team who actually knows anything about streetcars. C'est la vie.

They're the shortbus equivalent of journalism. Consider yourself lucky.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

I was looking at the Bday area on here. Saw this..

Happy birthday @dayone you are 5 years old?

This week saw this TTC T1 car 5061

Screenshot_20191207-135204.png

IMG_20191202_072158552.jpg

LOL

I dunno if some of you remember but there was very, shall we say, colourful anti-TTC graffiti on the walls of Vic park station and some other station (obviously done by the same guy) about ten years ago. I'd show a screen cap but this is a family friendly forum. :rolleyes:

Room mate is a self-professed choco-holic. Claims she can sniff out chocolate for miles around.. So anyhow, I have this chocolate bar 'hiding in plain sight' for a week now, maybe longer. I told her there is chocolate hiding in plain sight, and I can hear her tip-toeing around the condo in the wee hours seeking a 'fix'. She still hasn't found it. 

Day Seven, still 'hiding in plain sight' LOL.

IMG_4846.JPG

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Room mate is a self-professed choco-holic. Claims she can sniff out chocolate for miles around.. So anyhow, I have this chocolate bar 'hiding in plain sight' for a week now, maybe longer. I told her there is chocolate hiding in plain sight, and I can hear her tip-toeing around the condo in the wee hours seeking a 'fix'. She still hasn't found it. 

Day Seven, still 'hiding in plain sight' LOL.

IMG_4846.JPG

Evil.  That's so evil.

However, there's still room to take it up a notch.  Wait until you're home but your roommate isn't and make a nice cup of coffee or tea and carefully open the Toblerone's box from one of the ends, not by ripping the tear-off strip, and enjoy eating it.  Then, carefully close the Toblerone box up and put it back in its hiding spot among the books for your roommate to find.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

Evil.  That's so evil.

However, there's still room to take it up a notch.  Wait until you're home but your roommate isn't and make a nice cup of coffee or tea and carefully open the Toblerone's box from one of the ends, not by ripping the tear-off strip, and enjoy eating it.  Then, carefully close the Toblerone box up and put it back in its hiding spot among the books for your roommate to find.

Sadly, I am not a fan of chocolate, except the very darkest 'baking' chocolate. But I like your thinking..

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Don’t you love it when someone baits you by sticking coins onto your streetcar? 

25BD19CB-E959-4B56-B5DC-7E5D12E99AEB.thumb.jpeg.05e007e72ad7ee0869d41667cb1e93cc.jpeg

The people at Carbon Computing did this and embedded coins in the terrazzo floor in the entranceway of their previous store on Queen near Broadview.  I haven't been to their new store so I don't know if they've done anything 'cute' like that at the new place.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

The people at Carbon Computing did this and embedded coins in the terrazzo floor in the entranceway of their previous store on Queen near Broadview.  I haven't been to their new store so I don't know if they've done anything 'cute' like that at the new place.

I've been to a few pubs that have had coins lacquered onto their table tops. (mostly pennies, although back then pennies were still in use).