Today's Sightings

On 11/12/2021 at 8:42 PM, wil9402 said:

TTC 8129 on 107 this morning. The destination signs seem to have been stuck on Not In Service. Saw it sporting hand written front and side sign cards. I haven't seen those used since high floors all retired. 

TTC 8763 on the 54A Lawrence East this evening also with a malfunctioning destination sign and sporting a hand written side sign card!

Alright, that’s it, vacation’s over, back to work.  And that means back to downtown Toronto.  Yay.  Hear the sound of one hand clapping?  

Downtown Toronto where part of Front St. is closed because of falling condo glass (nostalgia to 15+ years ago) and streetcars with fleet numbers like this (nostalgia to 25+ years ago):

C728670E-F857-44D8-BAFB-0567181618DA.thumb.jpeg.6e9cdd2af32b2740aa656d23282833e2.jpeg

I liked the previous 4601 better.  Especially with the paint job oddities that UTDC did on that one.  This one, boring, serves only as a reminder of what we used to have when things were more interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bus_7246 said:

It looks like TTC might be removing the RIDE SAFELY cloths that covered certain seats. I’m currently on 1416, and there isn’t a single yellow cloth covered seat on the bus

Yes they are removing them. Most of the queensway buses i have rode this week dont have them anymore. 

Screenshot_20211215-131058_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1