Today's Sightings

Visual sighting:

TTC 8121 is currently assisting on the 171 due to the construction and traffic on Black Creek

12:04p: 8060 was heading eastbound on the 32S Eglinton West at Jane & Trethewey

• Like 1

I had one TTC sighting this morning on the way to work.  One.  I saw 4550 on 509 this morning when I crossed Fleet St. as Max Webster's "Million Vacations" was playing on the car radio.  Yeah,  you can only drive down Main St. so many times but that's 506, and at this point I'd love a million vacations but I'd happily settle for only one.

Visual sightings from yesterday:

TTC 1404 3470 1308 on the 116 operating right behind each other in that order going southbound on Morningside at Lawrence

*The bolded number is the bus I rode on

Visual sighting: 

TTC 8379 is currently assisting on the 171 as supplementary service due to traffic and construction on Black Creek Dr at Eglinton

For the afternoon, 7938 replaced 8379 on the 171

Visual sighting:

TTC 8178 was drafted to assist on the 41 Keele this morning. The driver did fairly good with keeping up to me from Keele Stn until Lawrence. 

Also, I only noticed 7949 was sent to assist with supplementary service on the 171 today. 

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

Visual sighting:

TTC 8178 was drafted to assist on the 41 Keele this morning. The driver did fairly good with keeping up to me from Keele Stn until Lawrence. 

Also, I only noticed 7949 was sent to assist with supplementary service on the 171 today. 

I noticed 7949 was tracking at Arrow garage for a while too, maybe it did 99 as well, lol

TTC Transsee Sighting

8527 is the last bus to operate on 6 bay before being renumbered to 19 bay
Left service at 01:32 am

UPDATE: I confused the times by 24 hours, so this would be incorrect.

Edited by MRD10
Misunderstood
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MRD10 said:

TTC Transsee Sighting

8527 is the last bus to operate on 6 bay before being renumbered to 19 bay
Left service at 01:32 am

Today is the last full day of 6 Bay service before the official remembering

• Thanks 1

Visual sightings:

Last night, there was a McNicoll LFS on the 88 South Leaside (I sadly forgot the number), and Birchmount covered new grounds with 8584 on the 11 Bayview

Today, 3309 was on the 88 South Leaside. Later on in the day, I spotted 1383 (Wilson) on the 171

Visual Sightings
TTC 8351 on 13A Avenue Road
TTC 4509 on 509 Harbourfront
TTC 7946 on Line 1 Shuttle

And not sure if anyone’s mentioned this yet, but the routing for northbound Line 1 shuttle has changed due to new lane restrictions on Yonge near St Clair.  The buses are unable to make wide turns at that intersection, so now they’re going east on St Clair, north on Mt Pleasant, west on Davisville back to Yonge where they get back to regular routing up Yonge St.

1 hour ago, TTC7447 said:

And not sure if anyone’s mentioned this yet, but the routing for northbound Line 1 shuttle has changed due to new lane restrictions on Yonge near St Clair.  The buses are unable to make wide turns at that intersection, so now they’re going east on St Clair, north on Mt Pleasant, west on Davisville back to Yonge where they get back to regular routing up Yonge St.

Prior to the pandemic, Line 1 shuttles would typically drop passengers off at the main entrance on St Clair, then proceed via Avoca and Pleasant to the lower level bus terminal to load for the northbound trip. Your post makes it sound like this no longer occurs - does loading now occur on street level, at the same spot as buses are unloading?

10 hours ago, Articulated said:

Prior to the pandemic, Line 1 shuttles would typically drop passengers off at the main entrance on St Clair, then proceed via Avoca and Pleasant to the lower level bus terminal to load for the northbound trip. Your post makes it sound like this no longer occurs - does loading now occur on street level, at the same spot as buses are unloading?

No, sorry.  They still unload at street and go to the lower level bus terminal for boarding.  Instead of turning right out of the terminal onto Pleasant and right onto Yonge, they now turn left onto Pleasant, left on Avoca, then right onto St Clair to follow the routing I described.

They were still following the previous routing for most of the pandemic until construction and lane realignment/bike lane additions + CafeTO came all at once.  I took the shuttle last weekend and can’t be too sure about when the routing changed as the driver of the bus I was on that day (Artic) turned left on Plesant, left on Avoca, and left on St Clair instead of right, and then struggled quite a bit to turn right onto Yonge (they had to reverse a few times at the intersection to make the turn without hitting anything).  As we approached Davisville that day, I noticed two other northbound shuttle buses turn right off Davisville onto Yonge.  

I took the shuttle yesterday and the day before - both followed the new routing I mentioned in my earlier post.

5 hours ago, TTC7447 said:

No, sorry.  They still unload at street and go to the lower level bus terminal for boarding.  Instead of turning right out of the terminal onto Pleasant and right onto Yonge, they now turn left onto Pleasant, left on Avoca, then right onto St Clair to follow the routing I described.

They were still following the previous routing for most of the pandemic until construction and lane realignment/bike lane additions + CafeTO came all at once.  I took the shuttle last weekend and can’t be too sure about when the routing changed as the driver of the bus I was on that day (Artic) turned left on Plesant, left on Avoca, and left on St Clair instead of right, and then struggled quite a bit to turn right onto Yonge (they had to reverse a few times at the intersection to make the turn without hitting anything).  As we approached Davisville that day, I noticed two other northbound shuttle buses turn right off Davisville onto Yonge.  

I took the shuttle yesterday and the day before - both followed the new routing I mentioned in my earlier post.

Thanks for the updated information.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

Visual sighting:

The worth of this sighting is useless since I forgot the bus number, but it was a 33xx from McNicoll that was on the 109 Ranee this afternoon

It was 3311

• Thanks 1