Jump to content

Today's Sightings


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Also, a short piece of streetcar track is completely exposed on Danforth Ave.  just west of Woodbine in the left turn lane. The track seems to curve northward, but it seemed too far from the actual intersection to be part of the connection to Woodbine loop.

I believe the curve off Danforth to get to Woodbine Station Loop was one block east of Woodbine at Cedervale Ave.

Some RAD sightings from this week:

Monday
1370 (Wilson) on 985 (AM)
3103 on 85 (PM)

Tuesday
unknown 8100 on 985 (Midday)

Thursday
8917 on 86* (AM)
8308 on 954 (AM)

Today
8802 on 86* (AM)
3264 on 85 (PM)
8613 on 95 (PM)
3190 on 86 (Early Evening)

* - same run, different day

Edited by wil9402
Added 3190
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TTC 7924 did 1 trip, in-service training today on the 60B at around 1 pm. I'm not sure why the instructors decided to send it on a branch that doesn't even run at that time (maybe that's specifically why, lol). When it reached Steeles Loop it then went out of service to Queensway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TTC:

1374 was put outside of a vaccination clinic at Wilson division displaying "Thank you health care workers" (i forgot what the sign exactly said but thats the general idea).

9009, 1065 training at Wilson division

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Visual sightings:

TTC

1367 & 1387 were both helping out on the 35 Jane during the day. 1387 was later out on the 59 Maple Leaf. 
 

There’s a 10xx-11xx series bus doing the 63 Ossington as well this evening

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

Visual sightings:

TTC

1367 & 1387 were both helping out on the 35 Jane during the day. 1387 was later out on the 59 Maple Leaf. 
 

There’s a 10xx-11xx series bus doing the 63 Ossington as well this evening

It was 1034.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw a bus, signed 59 Maple Leaf, turning from Strathnairn Ave. to northbound Keele. I don't think there is any short turn there. Simplest explanation is an operator got lost and went down Kincourt to Castlefield, instead of west along Ingram, and was getting back to route. 😡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

I saw a bus, signed 59 Maple Leaf, turning from Strathnairn Ave. to northbound Keele. I don't think there is any short turn there. Simplest explanation is an operator got lost and went down Kincourt to Castlefield, instead of west along Ingram, and was getting back to route. 😡

I saw the same thing too! I didn’t think to pay attention to the bus number, but it definitely was a Wilson bus on the 59B. Might be an unplanned detour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

I saw the same thing too! I didn’t think to pay attention to the bus number, but it definitely was a Wilson bus on the 59B. Might be an unplanned detour

It's interesting to see Wilson buses, in particular NG Orion diesels, on routes like Maple Leaf and Lansdowne. I wonder how operators are liking the branch up Caledonia, dealing with all the impatient pickup-driving contractors.

I remember when Maple Leaf was all 7900s with the odd RTS.

Speaking of 7900s, 7933 heading Kiplingwards on an evening 123B Shorncliffeerway run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ed T. said:

It's interesting to see Wilson buses, in particular NG Orion diesels, on routes like Maple Leaf and Lansdowne. I wonder how operators are liking the branch up Caledonia, dealing with all the impatient pickup-driving contractors.

I remember when Maple Leaf was all 7900s with the odd RTS.

Speaking of 7900s, 7933 heading Kiplingwards on an evening 123B Shorncliffeerway run.

Keep in mind that Wilson used to have Lansdowne before Mt Dennis opened. I remember the V CNGs & VI CNGs passing by Earlscourt loop, and remembering them at the bus bay outside of Yorkdale Mall

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EE8F81EF-021E-4ED9-B60D-3C459E89C0A6.thumb.jpeg.841fe270bcb8ddd6856292d51da769f6.jpeg
 

Another streetcar island on Lakeshore got schmucked.  This time it was the eastbound stop at Legion Road. Part of the fence and the safety light got taken out.

Somehow after a rough day at work there was something comical about the safety light sitting there face down on the ground flashing at the pavement that I had to shoot a couple seconds of video of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/1/2021 at 12:57 AM, Wayside Observer said:

EE8F81EF-021E-4ED9-B60D-3C459E89C0A6.thumb.jpeg.841fe270bcb8ddd6856292d51da769f6.jpeg
 

 

IMG_9526.MOV 2.8 MB · 2 downloads

Another streetcar island on Lakeshore got schmucked.  This time it was the eastbound stop at Legion Road. Part of the fence and the safety light got taken out.

Somehow after a rough day at work there was something comical about the safety light sitting there face down on the ground flashing at the pavement that I had to shoot a couple seconds of video of it.

Yeah but there's no video, only audio and a blank screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...