Today's Sightings

17 minutes ago, H4 5600 said:

Saw YRT D40LF 814 going north on dixie at courtneypark at around 6:20 pm today.

20180618_181654.jpg

If that is 814 (hard to tell), then it's completed its refurb and either on a road test or on its way back to Miller. 814 was one of the units spotted inside MTB during the TTS tour in May.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Articulated said:

If that is 814 (hard to tell), then it's completed its refurb and either on a road test or on its way back to Miller. 814 was one of the units spotted inside MTB during the TTS tour in May.

It was 814, i saw the number on it.

46 minutes ago, Shemar said:

Not really because before the Flexities what vehicles were the 512 using every single day?

No need to be so negative right away.

It is a bit unusual that a CLRV would be out on 512 on a Sunday because there are more than enough Flexity cars to provide full weekend service on 504, 509, 510, 512, and 514. These five lines require a maximum of 57 cars on Sunday, while there are 80 active Flexity cars in the fleet.

48 minutes ago, Articulated said:

It is a bit unusual that a CLRV would be out on 512 on a Sunday because there are more than enough Flexity cars to provide full weekend service on 504, 509, 510, 512, and 514. These five lines require a maximum of 57 cars on Sunday, while there are 80 active Flexity cars in the fleet.

Actually, with the new board period starting today, the Sunday requirement increased to a total of 63 Flexities for 504/509/510/512 combined (there is no 514 for the summer months). However, on paper, only 18 of the 29 runs required on a Sunday on 504 King are scheduled with Flexities, but in practice they seem to max out the fleet as much as they can.  For instance, we've had a grand total of 66 Flexities in service today, just one car short of the all-time record of 67 cars we've seen so far. They also seem to prefer to put out as many Flexities as possible on 511 Bathurst on Sundays, which makes sense especially in the summer.

22 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

Actually, with the new board period starting today, the Sunday requirement increased to a total of 63 Flexities for 504/509/510/512 combined (there is no 514 for the summer months). However, on paper, only 18 of the 29 runs required on a Sunday on 504 King are scheduled with Flexities, but in practice they seem to max out the fleet as much as they can.  For instance, we've had a grand total of 66 Flexities in service today, just one car short of the all-time record of 67 cars we've seen so far. They also seem to prefer to put out as many Flexities as possible on 511 Bathurst on Sundays, which makes sense especially in the summer.

Thanks for the update - didn't realize I was looking at the old Service Summary when I made my post. The current one does not appear to be posted on the TTC's website yet...

As you said, 511 is certainly a good route to put extra Flexity cars in the summer, especially with all of the events happening in Ontario Place and the Exhibition grounds. I remember last summer the third route (after 510 and 509) to get Flexity cars was the 511 during the CNE period. Especially without the ability to put ALRVs out this year the extra capacity is appreciated.

11 hours ago, Articulated said:

Thanks for the update - didn't realize I was looking at the old Service Summary when I made my post. The current one does not appear to be posted on the TTC's website yet...

I posted the same thing in the service changes forum.

4240 at Long Branch loop this morning. ?