Today's Sightings

7 minutes ago, GZ6113PHEV5 said:

They have been putting electric buses on route 927 for about two weeks.

That is why I posted what I saw in Today’s sightings. I saw them, and I posted what I saw. I didn’t post saying that they were special 

July 30 2022

TTC 8073 was taken off the carabana shuttle at around 2 pm, was changed to a police shuttle. Dropped off all officers at 32 Div, 41 Div and 42 Div in that order.

8880 and 9152 were also taken off and sent on this shuttle but with different officers to different locations. Buses were using "SPECIAL"

17 hours ago, 7749 said:

July 30 2022

TTC 8073 was taken off the carabana shuttle at around 2 pm, was changed to a police shuttle. Dropped off all officers at 32 Div, 41 Div and 42 Div in that order.

8880 and 9152 were also taken off and sent on this shuttle but with different officers to different locations. Buses were using "SPECIAL"

8880 was a RAD. Started by being sent to pick up officers from 41 Division and then spent the rest of the day on the Caribana Shuttle.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

Bit curious but do the sightings need to visual? I see some posts which aren’t even visual but are from the trackers

I'd say yes, the general rule has been for "visual" sightings in this thread. Otherwise I can just download the entire day's Transsee reportings into a post...

Also, digital sightings from a tracking website should really be clearly indicated as such; in the past there have been instances where buses had the wrong unit # programmed into the GPS, so just by reporting the Transsee sighting it may not be 100% accurate as to whether that unit was actually on that route. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamer Studios said:

20220816_084500.jpg
TOK Coachlines / TOK Transit #2803 on the BBTCA Shuttle. One of the last remaining ex-Medicine Hat Transit Eldorados if 2804 hasn't retired already.

20220816_073904.jpg
TOK Coachlines 2806 was also on the BBTCA Shuttle alongside 2803 and 2805. Not sure what the fourth bus is since I was informed four buses are on this shuttle assignment at any given time.

Should be "up to 4". There's no need to have four buses on the short shuttle when traffic is light and when passenger volumes are low. The fourth bus could be parked at/near the airport terminal, to be brought out during rush hour.

MiWay:

0922 on the 107

0568 on the 107

1120 deadheading on the 403 for some odd reason going eastbound passing Erin Mills. this happened around 5pm on my way to city centre, my guess is the driver got off the 35 and took the highway back to CX.

TTC 7928 seen on TRAINING BUS duty on Annette.

Topics for training probably included:

• Fettling your nags
  • Oats or apples? when you need an extra burst of speed to make up for being five minutes down
  • Stoking coal for optimum steam pressure
  • Flappers smoking cigarettes--modern moral hazard!
  • Haha 1

Visual Sighting
TTC 8663 on EB 54S Lawrence East Short Turn to Victoria Park

Edit:
Upon arrival at Victoria Park, the driver announced that the bus was not short turning anymore, and would continue on as an A bus to Starspray.

Edited by TTC7447