Today's Sightings

TTC:

1374 was put outside of a vaccination clinic at Wilson division displaying "Thank you health care workers" (i forgot what the sign exactly said but thats the general idea).

9009, 1065 training at Wilson division

Visual sightings:

TTC

1367 & 1387 were both helping out on the 35 Jane during the day. 1387 was later out on the 59 Maple Leaf. 

There’s a 10xx-11xx series bus doing the 63 Ossington as well this evening

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

Visual sightings:

TTC

1367 & 1387 were both helping out on the 35 Jane during the day. 1387 was later out on the 59 Maple Leaf. 

There’s a 10xx-11xx series bus doing the 63 Ossington as well this evening

It was 1034.

I saw a bus, signed 59 Maple Leaf, turning from Strathnairn Ave. to northbound Keele. I don't think there is any short turn there. Simplest explanation is an operator got lost and went down Kincourt to Castlefield, instead of west along Ingram, and was getting back to route. ?

56 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

I saw a bus, signed 59 Maple Leaf, turning from Strathnairn Ave. to northbound Keele. I don't think there is any short turn there. Simplest explanation is an operator got lost and went down Kincourt to Castlefield, instead of west along Ingram, and was getting back to route. ?

I saw the same thing too! I didn’t think to pay attention to the bus number, but it definitely was a Wilson bus on the 59B. Might be an unplanned detour

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

I saw the same thing too! I didn’t think to pay attention to the bus number, but it definitely was a Wilson bus on the 59B. Might be an unplanned detour

It's interesting to see Wilson buses, in particular NG Orion diesels, on routes like Maple Leaf and Lansdowne. I wonder how operators are liking the branch up Caledonia, dealing with all the impatient pickup-driving contractors.

I remember when Maple Leaf was all 7900s with the odd RTS.

Speaking of 7900s, 7933 heading Kiplingwards on an evening 123B Shorncliffeerway run.

14 hours ago, Ed T. said:

It's interesting to see Wilson buses, in particular NG Orion diesels, on routes like Maple Leaf and Lansdowne. I wonder how operators are liking the branch up Caledonia, dealing with all the impatient pickup-driving contractors.

I remember when Maple Leaf was all 7900s with the odd RTS.

Speaking of 7900s, 7933 heading Kiplingwards on an evening 123B Shorncliffeerway run.

Keep in mind that Wilson used to have Lansdowne before Mt Dennis opened. I remember the V CNGs & VI CNGs passing by Earlscourt loop, and remembering them at the bus bay outside of Yorkdale Mall

• Like 1

EE8F81EF-021E-4ED9-B60D-3C459E89C0A6.thumb.jpeg.841fe270bcb8ddd6856292d51da769f6.jpeg

Another streetcar island on Lakeshore got schmucked.  This time it was the eastbound stop at Legion Road. Part of the fence and the safety light got taken out.

Somehow after a rough day at work there was something comical about the safety light sitting there face down on the ground flashing at the pavement that I had to shoot a couple seconds of video of it.

On 6/1/2021 at 12:57 AM, Wayside Observer said:

EE8F81EF-021E-4ED9-B60D-3C459E89C0A6.thumb.jpeg.841fe270bcb8ddd6856292d51da769f6.jpeg

IMG_9526.MOV 2.8 MB · 2 downloads

Another streetcar island on Lakeshore got schmucked.  This time it was the eastbound stop at Legion Road. Part of the fence and the safety light got taken out.

Somehow after a rough day at work there was something comical about the safety light sitting there face down on the ground flashing at the pavement that I had to shoot a couple seconds of video of it.

Yeah but there's no video, only audio and a blank screen.