Today's Sightings

Friday afternoon, 4:50 PM, TTC 4428 displaying 501 QUEEN/SHORT TURN/KIPLING, while eastbound out of Long Branch loop. I've only seen the east-to-north switch used once by (what I assume was) a revenue car (i.e. not a charter).

I didn't have the time or inclination to chase 4428 to see if it really made that short turn. This morning, I passed by the intersection. It's not clear that the curves were used....but it isn't clear they weren't used, either. According to transsee's history, 4428 went right past Kipling, then took almost a half hour pause around Islington. So, hmm.B)

1 hour ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Iā€™m also surprised that 1687 is one of many 16xxs without VISION. For a hot minute, I thought it retired.

Ā 

1 hour ago, 7749 said:

But it is retired..?

Nope. It's still at Obico Yard as one of the training buses.

2 hours ago, Shemar said:

Ā 

Nope. It's still at Obico Yard as one of the training buses.

That makes sense. BeingĀ reused as a training bus rather than being retired and scrapped. Though I now wish they did that to the 78xxs rather than scrapping them, even 1 wouldā€™ve did the job.Ā 

Also while I was at STC a few minutes ago, I saw the Consilium Place Shuttle,Ā W130 and W215, probably on a layover waiting for their clientsĀ