Today's Sightings

1 hour ago, NoUse4AName said:

Looks like a bus sitting dead in the water with four way flashers on old finch east of morning side didn't catch the unit number all destination signs off 

seems to be TTC 3413

6 minutes ago, Ultimate said:

Could be waiting for its run, broken down or stuck, and if it was 3413, it is now moving

Oh ok . I see them waiting alot at the stops around old finch and little's rd because they are ahead of schedule,  but not sitting in front of ppls driveways with all the led signs off

I saw a few today even while on my driving to my doctors appointments with my Mom, I can’t remember some but I’ll say what I can remember so bare with me.

3420-913 and 134

3473, 3520 -133 Neilson

1331 - 39 Finch East

1568 and 1238 - 939 Finch Express 

8544 and 8522 - 16 McCowan

3411 - 131 Nugget

and one I saw yesterday is 3113 on the 102

5 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

I saw a few today even while on my driving to my doctors appointments with my Mom, I can’t remember some but I’ll say what I can remember so bare with me.

3420-913 and 134

3473, 3520 -133 Neilson

1331 - 39 Finch East

1568 and 1238 - 939 Finch Express 

8544 and 8522 - 16 McCowan

3411 - 131 Nugget

and one I saw yesterday is 3113 on the 102

Pulled to the side?

1 hour ago, NoUse4AName said:

Oh ok . I see them waiting alot at the stops around old finch and little's rd because they are ahead of schedule,  but not sitting in front of ppls driveways with all the led signs off

Could just being doings it layover and vision just set the sign to blank or the driver did just have the engine off, was it a Orion or a Nova?

1 hour ago, Ultimate said:

Could just being doings it layover and vision just set the sign to blank or the driver did just have the engine off, was it a Orion or a Nova?

Ok makes sense.. it was Orion 

Just now, NoUse4AName said:

Ok makes sense.. it was Orion 

But as you said it got moving again so might have just been the driver was conservativeing fuel LOL on their layover 

2 hours ago, Ultimate said:

They tend to do that, even where I am. But before I go into that, I’d like to point out that Littles Rd. was spelled way too wrong. Actually this afternoon, the driver of 1331, parked the bus for 15 minutes, sign was on and the engine was running. So different drivers do their layovers differently

(though except for the Nova’s, remember Stop-Start Hybrid Technology, that explains why the engine in a LFS HEV stops when it’s in park for more than a minute) 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, NoUse4AName said:

Looks like a bus sitting dead in the water with four way flashers on old finch east of morning side didn't catch the unit number all destination signs off 

Bus is on a layover. Some runs get 15 minutes so yes bus gets shut off. 

14 hours ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

They tend to do that, even where I am. But before I go into that, I’d like to point out that Littles Rd. was spelled way too wrong. Actually this afternoon, the driver of 1331, parked the bus for 15 minutes, sign was on and the engine was running. So different drivers do their layovers differently

You're supposed to shut down the bus if it will be sitting for a while especially in a residential area like that. Exception being when it's cold or very hot and there are people on the bus. 

14 hours ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

(though except for the Nova’s, remember Stop-Start Hybrid Technology, that explains why the engine in a LFS HEV stops when it’s in park for more than a minute) 

Yeah no. It doesn't always stop after a minute. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

TTC 3523 was at Finch West Station this afternoon training the operators from arrow road garage. I spoke to the instructor when the bus went to layover and he said arrow road should be getting buses from the 3570 to 3654 bus order or it might get split between arrow road and mt dennis.

Well that’s good to hear, saying that Mt.Dennis might lose their 1500 and 1600 series bus eventually, though it’s unlikely that may happen due to all of them there being rebuilt (trust me, I’ve been near Mt.Dennis before I’ve seen a glimpse of some of them)

6 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Well that’s good to hear, saying that Mt.Dennis might lose their 1500 and 1600 series bus eventually, though it’s unlikely that may happen due to all of them there being rebuilt (trust me, I’ve been near Mt.Dennis before I’ve seen a glimpse of some of them)

Not all of the 15 16 were rebuilt, some were just repainted. So no, some may be retired. 

• Like 2