Today's Sightings

TTC 9084 jackknifed against the wall at the southeast corner of Scarborough Centre Station today morning around 8:45am. All buses stuck in the tunnel entering the station unloaded their passengers and the operators assisted as we walked into the station. This caused a traffic jam for buses exiting eastbound as well since there was another artic right behind 9084 with its end sticking out. After about 20 minutes, the buses stuck in the tunnel were told to use the taxi driveway to exit westbound onto Brimley, loop and come back eastbound into the station as other detoured buses were doing already. By 9:45am they managed to free 9084, allowing buses to enter the south side of the terminal. There was a solid lineup of TTC and GO buses driving through the north side of the terminal for the majority of that whole hour. Artics were also struggling to get out of the 129 bus bay, it took one operator a good 5 minutes cause the back end kept sliding out and almost hitting other buses passing on the left.

8950 on 9
3429 on 21B
8620 & 8650 on 54
1584 on 85
9086 on 985B
8857 on 116

2 hours ago, Rami A. said:

3400 also broke down today as well, coincidence???

Yeah it was at the eastbound stop on Ellesmere Rd. at Morningside Ave. this afternoon.

Other TTC Sightings:

1335TB, 1782 Both on 38 HIGHLAND CREEK To Scarborough Centre Station
1823 Broke down at the northwestern corner of McCowan Rd. at Sheppard Ave. East
3412 On 21B BRIMLEY To Scarborough Centre Station
8217 On 169A HUNTINGWOOD To Don Mills Station via Van Horne

TB-Was on training duty before changing its sign to TRAINING BUS upon arrival at Scarborough Centre Station.

13 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Just waiting till TTC staff reports hybrids are still lemons! I don't think TTC would have gotten them if the board and council wasn't pushing so hard.

I wonder how the Electrics will do...

But if they do report that these Hybrids are still not reliable earlier, I wonder if it's not to late to change the specs on this batch...

TTC:

1502 On 38A HIGHLAND CREEK To Rouge Hill GO Station
1661 On 21A BRIMLEY To Kennedy Station
1825 On 985 SHEPPARD EAST EXPRESS To Don Mills Station
3444 On 38B HIGHLAND CREEK To UTSC
9082 On 985A SHEPPARD EAST To Scarborough Centre Station

9232 On 12A KINGSTON RD. To Kennedy Station via Variety Village and Brimley Rd.

Last Monday, I was on TTC route 68A run 4 (didn't catch the vehicle number) and the operator was smart enough to downshift to 3rd gear max in slippery conditions (and even turn on performance mode). Whether he remembered something from training or figured out how to use the shift selector I don't know, but definitely something most operators don't do regularly.

And today, there were three LFS hybrids on route 939 in the evening (earlier this week there was no more than one), including this one, 3417 on route 939B, run 11 from Finch West station:

IMG_20190208_182354.jpg