York Region Transit route 88 'Bathurst'
|Number of Branches||3|
|Types of buses used||New Flyer D40LF/R , Orion V|
88 Bathurst is a base route operated by YRT in King, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, and Toronto, ON.
Route 88 serves mainly Bathurst St. between Bloomington Rd./15th Sdrd. and Steeles Ave.
This route has 3 branches:
- 88 Seneca King - Finch GO Bus Terminal
- 88A Elgin West CC - Finch GO Bus Terminal
- 88E Seneca King - Finch GO Bus Terminal Limited Stops
These routes combined serve the Oak Ridges, Inspiration, Mill Pond, Thornhill Woods, and Thornhill communities. They also serve St. Theresa of Lisieux Catholic High School, Lebovic Leisure Centre, Westmount Collegiate Institute, Vaughan City Playhouse, Promenade Terminal, and Centerpoint Mall.
Routes 88, 88A, and 88E all connect to Viva Purple at Promenade Terminal. They also connect to Viva Blue and Viva Pink during peak periods at Yonge/Steeles and Finch Station. Routes 88 and 88A also connect to Viva Purple at Atkinson Ave.
Service among Bathurst St. first operated in the form of Richmond Hill Transit route 8. It ran from Promenade Terminal to Bernard Terminal via Elgin Mills. When YRT took over operations from Richmond Hill Transit, it renumbered it to route 88 and extended it north to Seneca King during peak periods to serve the student demand. In 2003, it was extended southwards to Finch Station via Bathurst, Steeles and Yonge. Some peak trips were rerouted via Clark and Hilda Ave. to Steeles a year later. January 2005 saw the addition of full weekday service to Seneca King. In September of that year, route 23 was introduced, replacing service on Hilda Ave.
On November 16, 2008, route 88E was introduced, following the same routing as route 88 with limited stops at Elgin Mills, Major Mackenzie, Rutherford/Carrville, Promenade Terminal, Steeles, and Yonge.
On September 6, 2009, route 88A was introduced, operating between Finch Station and Elgin West Community Centre located at Bathurst and Shaftsbury. Despite the introduction, this branch has been in service since 2003, though simply only known as route 88. This branch only operates during Sundays and Holidays.
Route 88E was declared fully accessible in February 2012. Routes 88 and 88A was declared fully accessible in December 2012.
- Seneca King Campus: Northern terminus for routes 88 and 88E. Connections to routes 22, 32.
- Elgin West Community Centre: Northern terminus for route 88A. Connections to routes 83, 90, 240.
- Elgin Mills Rd.: Connections to routes 83, 90, 240.
- Carrville Rd.: Connections to routes 23, 85/85A/85B.
- Promenade Terminal: Serves Bay 2 southbound and Bay 4 northbound. Connections to Viva Purple and routes 23, 77, 160.
- Steeles Ave.
- Finch GO Bus Terminal: Southern terminus. Serves Bay 15. Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A, Viva Pink, and routes 2, 5, 23, 77, 91/91A/91E, 98E, 99, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 760.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|88||15||30||16||38||32||36||32||Not operated; see 88A.|
|88A||Not operated; see 88.||31|
|88E||4 trips NB||Not operated; see 88.||5 trips SB||Not operated; see 88.||Not operated; see 88A.|