York Region Transit route 33 'Wellington'
|Number of Branches||2|
|Types of buses used||E-Z Rider II/BRT/MAX , New Flyer D40LF , Orion VI|
33 Wellington is a base route operated by YRT in Aurora, ON.
Routes 33 and 33A combined mainly serve Wellington St. between Murray Dr. and First Commerce Dr.
This route has 2 main branches:
- 33 Murray - State Farm (Monday to Saturday)
- 33A Murray - Hollidge (Monday to Saturday)
These routes serve the central Aurora communities. They also serve Aurora High School, Downtown Aurora, Aurora Public Library, Sir Maximillian Kolve Catholic High School, Aurora GO Station, Aurora Town Hall, Aurora Real Canadian Superstore, and Stronach Aurora Recreation Complex. Some trips also serve the bus loop at Aurora GO Station.
Route 33 was not introduced until September 2006. However, there were major changes made to routes 31 and 32 in September 2005, where they were restructured to primarily run along Wellington St. Route 33 (once introduced) supplemented service along Wellington and also extended it east of Bayview (where route 32 turned south to loop around Stone Rd.) and up Leslie St. to loop along the new State Farm Way.
In January 2008, YRT implemented an additional branch: 33A, which took place of route 31's eastern looping. Additional service on Saturday was also implemented. Route 31 now starts/ends at Aurora GO Station in the east and is a rush-hour only route.
In September 2011, service to and from the Aurora GO Station was modified to serve Mary St.
Routes 33 and 33A were declared fully accessible in December 2012.
The 2013 Annual Service Plan will have route 33A restructured to run via John West Way, Hollidge Blvd., Hollandview Tr., Bridgenorth Dr., Earl Stewart Dr., Gateway Dr., St. John’s Sdrd., and Mavrinac Blvd. Service on Borealis Dr., Conover Ave., Pedersen Dr., and Bayview Ave. will be discontinued.
- Murray Dr.: Stop for Aurora High School. Western terminus. Connections to routes 31, 32.
- Yonge St.: Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A and routes 22A, 31, 32, 54.
- Aurora GO Station: Served by route 33A during GO Train meets. Connections to routes 31, 32, 222.
- John West Way: Connections to routes 32, 54, 222.
- Bayview/Hollidge: Eastern terminus for route 33A. Connection to route 54.
- Bayview Ave.: Served by route 33. Connections to routes 32, 54.
- Leslie St.: Served by route 33.
- State Farm: Eastern terminus for route 33.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|33||35||70||35||70||Not operated.||66||Not operated.|
|Route 33A schedule during peak periods is timed to connect with the GO Train at Aurora GO Station.|