Toronto Transit Commission route 48 'Rathburn'
|Number of Branches||4|
|Distance||8.68km (Royal York Station - Mill Rd.)|
|Types of vehicles used||Orion VII , New Flyer D40LF|
48 Rathburn is a route operated by the Toronto Transit Commission in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
This route services Rathburn Road between Islington Avenue and Mill Road. It also serves a part of Royal York Road and Anglesey Boulevard. The eastern terminal is Royal York Station, and the western terminal is Mill Road for the 48 branch.
The 48A branch operates seasonally (September-June) on weekdays with two trips leaving westbound from Royal York Station at 7:39 and 8:01 AM. It travels down Renforth Drive and terminates at Renforth and Eringate Drive.
The 48C operates seasonally (September-June) on weekdays with two eastbound trips from Renforth and Eringate Drive at 2:40 and 2:45 PM towards Royal York Station.
An unnamed 48 Branch operates seasonally (September-June) on weekdays with one trip from Markland Drive and Mill Road at 3:17 PM towards Royal York Station.
- January 7, 2001 - Renumbered from 2 Anglesey to 48 Rathburn to better promote the area it served; this also freed up the number 2 for the Bloor-Danforth Subway.
- November 23, 2008 - Late evening service is restored, everyday. Route operates until 1:00 AM.
- February 15, 2009 - Route becomes accessible.
This route has 4 branches:
- 48 Royal York Station - Mill Rd.
- 48A Royal York Station - Renforth and Eringate
- 48C Renforth and Eringate - Royal York Station
- 48 Unnamed Branch Markland Drive and Mill Road - Royal York Station
Overnight service is not provided, however, the route operates until 1:00 AM every day.
|Weekday AM Peak||11||4|
|Weekday PM Peak||16||3|
|Weekday Early Evening||30||1.5||Interlines with 15 Evans.|
|Weekday Late Evening|
|Saturday Early Morning|
|Saturday Early Evening|
|Saturday Late Evening|
|Sunday Early Morning||Route does not operate.|
|Sunday Morning||30||1.5||Interlines with 15 Evans.|
|Sunday Early Evening|
|Sunday Late Evening||30||1.34||Interlines with 73 Royal York.|
|Last updated: May 8, 2011|