Coast Mountain Bus Company route 501 'Langley Centre / Surrey Central Station'
501 Langley Centre/Surrey Central Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an north-south inter-regional bus route connecting the City of Langley with SkyTrain service in Central Surrey via Port Kells, Tynehead and Guildford. The route operates local service for all stops between Surrey Central and Langley Centre. Select morning and afternoon peak trips are operated as 590 Langley South/Surrey Central Station . The routes share the same service area between Surrey Central and Langley Centre but the 590 continues south to Brookswood.
Trips depart Surrey Central from 102nd Avenue Loop to take 134A Street onto 104th Avenue and then Highway 1 eastbound. Trips exit Highway 1 onto 176th Street followed by Barnston Drive heading east onto 96th Avenue, 199A Street, 200th Avenue onto 91A Avenue and Walnut Grove Park & Ride. From Walnut Grove the route continues east onto 202nd Street, 88th Avenue back onto 200th heading south and then Willowbrook Drive, the Fraser Highway, 203rd Street and finally Logan Avenue to Langley Centre.
Northbound trips to Surrey Central depart Langley Centre by Logan onto Glover Road, the Fraser Highway and then Willowbrook Drive to 200th Street towards Walnut Grove. Trips depart Walnut Grove back onto 200th Street and then take 201st Street to access 96th Avenue. Trips enter 102nd Avenue Loop by exiting 104th Avenue onto 135th Street.
When school is in session, select trips route by 200th Street onto 72nd Avenue, 202A Street and then 80th Avenue back onto 200th heading northbound to Surrey Central in the morning and in reverse order heading southbound in the peak afternoon towards Langley Centre.
Select north and southbound trips short turn at Walnut Grove.
Points of Interest
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Surrey Public Library City Centre Branch
- Surrey Central SkyTrain Station (Bay 4)
- Simon Fraser University Surrey Campus
- Guildford Mall Shopping Centre (Bay 1 - Langley Centre) (Bay 2 - Surrey Central)
- Barnston Industrial Area
- Walnut Grove Park & Ride (Bay 1 - Langley Centre) (Bay 2 - Surrey Central)
- Colossus Theatres
- Mountain Secondary School (Select trips peak hours only)
- Willowbrook Mall
- Langley Centre (Bay 3)
- Cascades Casino
- BC Transit Era - Formerly route 501 Langley South/Surrey Central Station
- June 1994 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- September 1995 - Trip added during the morning and afternoon peak to bring service to Mountain Secondary School along 202A Street
- September 1996 - Peak hour service to Port Kells introduced with one trip in the morning routing from Surrey Central and one afternoon trip beginning from Walnut Grove
- January 1997 - Monday to Friday one peak trip revised to operate as 590 Langley South (Express)
- December 2002 - Route shorten to Langley Centre, route via Port Kells areas for daily basis instead peak hour services, the routing to Langley South replaced by the Community Shuttle services The Buzzer December 23, 2002 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-01-2010</ref>
- April 2008 - Eastbound service increased to 10 minute frequency during peak morning periods and weekend service increased to half hourly from 6AM to 9:30PM
- The route runs out of Surrey Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF and New Flyer Industries D40LFR models.
- ↑ Route Frequency Table, bctransit.com, retrieved 19-01-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer June 17, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer August 25, 1995 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 14-05-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer August 23, 1996 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 28-03-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer January 24, 1997 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 14-05-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer April 11, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-01-2010