Coast Mountain Bus Company route 44 'UBC / Downtown'
44 UBC/Downtown is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The route provides limited stop service between UBC and Downtown Vancouver. It does not run on weekends or evenings past 8 o'clock.
Beginning at Waterfront Station (Seymour Street), the route travels down West Cordova Street onto Burrard, crossing the Knight Street Bridge, and making a turn onto West 4th Avenue. The route follows West 4th Avenue as it becomes Chancellor Boulevard and turns south onto Wesbrook Mall to the UBC Loop.
On trips to Downtown the route turns west onto West Pender from Burrard Street, north onto Seymour Street and west to Cordova to arrive back at Waterfront Station.
44 UBC/Downtown Stops
- Waterfront Station
- Local Service for all stops within Downtown up to and including Burrard at Pacific
- Burrard at 3rd Avenue
- 4th Avenue at Vine Street
- Chancellor at University Hill Elementary School
- UBC Loop (Bay 7)
- October 2001 - Route revised to maintain service in certain areas affected by canceled route 42 Spanish Banks/Chancellor
- 2006 - The route was serviced by New Flyer Industries D40LFR prior to their transfer to Surrey Transit Centre.
- New Flyer Industries D60 buses served the route
- September 2009 - Eastern terminus moved to Waterfront SkyTrain Station
- The 44 runs out of Burnaby Transit Centre. Buses servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D60LF , Nova Bus LFS , New Flyer Industries DE60LFR , New Flyer Industries D60LFR , New Flyer Industries D40LF and Nova Bus LFS HEV models. Supplemental tripper service is provided by buses based out of Richmond Transit Centre.