Coast Mountain Bus Company route 345 'King George Station / White Rock Centre'
345 King George Station/White Rock Centre is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south regional connector route providing feeder service to the Expo SkyTrain Line. Running between Central Surrey and White Rock, the route provides half hourly service from approximately 6 AM to 9 PM, Monday to Friday. No service is provided on weekends or holidays.
The route departs White Rock Centre from its streetside terminus on 152nd Street heading northbound until reaching the Fraser Highway followed by King George Highway and then its terminus at King George Station. Trips southbound to White Rock Centre depart King George Station along King George Highway heading northbound to take 100th Avenue and then East Whalley Ring Road (136A Street) to access the Fraser Highway. Trips terminate at White Rock Centre by 152nd Street onto Martin Drive, 16th Avenue (North Bluff Road) and then back on to 152nd.
Points of Interest
- White Rock Centre (Bay 2/3)
- Surrey Public Library Semiahmoo Branch
- Semiahmoo Shopping Centre
- Sullivan Park
- BC SPCA Animal Shelters
- Evergreen Mall
- King George SkyTrain Station (Bay 6a)
- BC Transit Era - Formerly 345 White Rock Centre/Guildford with bi-hourly service only during midday, Monday to Saturday
- October 2001 - Formerly 345 White Rock Centre/Surrey Central Station; service reduced and revised to run limited morning peak trips between King George Station and White Rock Centre and from White Rock Centre to King George in the afternoon peak via the Fraser Highway and 152nd Street
- September 2003 - Route made wheelchair accessible and equipped with bike racks
- September 2008 - Service improved to half hourly from 9AM to 9PM, Monday to Friday
- September 2011 - Weekday service after 8 pm revised to operate with community shuttles
- The route runs out of Surrey Transit Centre. A mix of buses normally serves the route including New Flyer Industries D40LF , New Flyer Industries D40LFR models and community shuttles at limited periods.
- ↑ Route Frequency Table, bctransit.com, retrieved 11-01-2010
- ↑ Backgrounder: Transit Service Reductions, translink.ca, retrieved 11-01-2010
- ↑ Service cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by route, translink.ca, retrieved 12-12-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 11-01-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer August 29, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 11-01-2010