Coast Mountain Bus Company route 33 '29th Ave Stn / UBC'
33 29th Avenue Station/UBC is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The route was introduced in 2008 to reduce east-west congestion and provide alternatives for the 99 B-Line .
The route begins on East 29th Avenue turning onto Slocan Street before continuing east on 33rd Avenue which becomes Midlothian Avenue. From Midlothian it heads north on Cambie Street, west onto West 16th Avenue all the way to Wesbrook Mall before entering UBC Loop.
Points of Interest
- 29th Avenue SkyTrain Station (Bay 1)
- Slocan Park
- Kensington Park
- Mountainview Cemetary
- Queen Elizabeth Park
- Nat Bailey Stadium
- Hillcrest Park
- Riley Park and Rink
- Carnarvon Park
- UBC Hospital
- UBC Loop (Bay 4)
- September 2008 - Route began service Monday to Friday from 6:00 AM to 7:30 PM with four trips an hour
- December 2008 - Service expanded to later hours and on weekends
- The route runs out of Vancouver Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF , Nova Bus LFS and Nova Bus LFS HEV models.
- ↑ September 2008 Bus Service Improvements, coastmountainbuscompany.com, retrieved 05-09-2009
- ↑ December 2008 Bus Service Improvements, buzzer.translink.ca, retrieved 05-09-2009