Coast Mountain Bus Company route 177 'Coquitlam Station / Braid Station'
177 Coquitlam Station/Braid Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route that connects Port Coquitlam with SkyTrain service at Braid SkyTrain Station. It services residential as well as a large number of commercial and industrial locations.
The route departs Braid Station by the access road running beneath Brunette Avenue to Braid Street, Brunette Street and then Lougheed Highway travelling eastbound. The route turns south onto Woolridge Street, south along King Edward onto United Boulevard eastbound, south on Brigantine Drive, Hartley Avenue, Schooner Street northbound, United Boulevard to Shuswap Avenue, North Bend Street and then Canoe Avenue to Golden Drive and back onto United in a clockwise loop. It continues along United to take Cape Horn Avenue becoming Holly Drive to Orchid Drive and then Lougheed Highway to Coquitlam Station by Dewdney Trunk Road, Mariner Way and then Access Road.
Trips westbound depart Coquitlam Station via Access Road to Lougheed Highway southbound. It exits Lougheed onto Holly Drive. The route loops by United Boulevard southbound to Shuswap, North Bend, Canoe and then Golden back to United. The route enters Braid Station by Brunette onto Braid westbound, Rousseau Street and then access road.
Select morning peak eastbound trips take the regular route to terminate on Golden Drive at North Bend Street. Certain afternoon peak eastbound trips terminate on Shuswap at United Boulevard. Select morning peak trips westbound begin from North Bend Street to Braid Station via Golden, United and the regular route. Certain afternoon peak trips westbound to Braid Station begin from Shuswap at United Boulevard.
Points of Interest
- Braid SkyTrain Station (Bay 5)
- IKEA Coquitlam
- Boulevard Casino
- Planet Ice Total Sport Entertainment
- Riverview Hospital Complex
- Banting Middle School
- Coquitlam Station (Bay 10)
- Coquitlam Central TrainBus
- Coquitlam Centre
- Westwood Mall Shopping Centre
- April 2007 - Route introduced, Community Shuttle Route C35 revised to reflect new service
- December 2007 - Route adjusted to service Riverview Hospital ending C35 Community Shuttle service
- September 2009 - Sunday and holiday service adjusted to allow for passengers of the last trip to be able to transfer to SkyTrain service
- The route runs out of Port Coquitlam Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF , New Flyer Industries C40LF and New Flyer Industries C40LFR models.
- ↑ The Buzzer April 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-10-09
- ↑ The Buzzer December 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 23-10-09
- ↑ The Buzzer September 2009 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 23-10-09