Coast Mountain Bus Company route 159 'Port Coquitlam Station / Braid Station'
159 Port Coquitlam Station/Braid Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This east-west route connects the City of Port Coquitlam with SkyTrain service in eastern Burnaby via south Coquitlam.
The route departs Braid Station onto Brunette Street by looping under Brunette by Access Road and then Braid Street, Brunette to the Lougheed Highway eastbound, United Boulevard southbound via off ramp and then the Mary-Hill Bypass heading east. The route exits onto Shaughnessy Street to take Citadel Drive, Pitt River Road northbound, Mary Hill Road, Wilson, Shaughnessy, McAllister Avenue to Port Coquitlam Centre and then McAllister, Mary Hill and Wilson to its terminus at Port Coquitlam Station.
Westbound trips exit the Mary Hill Bypass onto United Boulevard and then route by Shuswap Avenue, Glacier Street northbound and then Golden Drive to re-enter United heading north to Braid.
Select peak afternoon trips westbound route through the Meridian Industrial area by Mary Hill Road to Pitt River Road, McLean, Kingsway, Kebet Way, Broadway Street, Mary Hill Bypass, Pitt River, Citadel and then its regular route to Braid Station. When school is in session a special trip in the afternoon peak is provided from Port Coquitlam Station routing by McAllister to Mary Hill Road, Wilson westbound to Reeve Street, Pitt River Road to Shaughnessy northbound, Wilson to Mary Hill Road south take the Pitt River Road and then the special service routing via the Meridian Industrial area.
The first eastbound trip on weekdays begins service from Shaughnessy at Citadel Drive instead of from Braid Station. Morning peak service eastbound is provided to the Meridian Industrial Area routing from Citadel Drive to Pitt River southbound, Mary Hill Bypass, Broadway Street, Kebet Way, Kingsway, McLean and then its regular route from Pitt River Road. When school is in session a special trip routes along Wilson, Reeve, Pitt River, Shaughnessy, McAllister and its regular route to Port Coquitlam Station.
Points of Interest
- Braid SkyTrain Station (Bay 1)
- Mackin Park
- SilverCity Coquitlam
- Meridian Industrial Area (Peak hour service only)
- Citadel Middle School
- Pitt River Middle School
- Rowland Park
- Reeve Park (Only when school in session)
- Fraser Valley Regional Park Terry Fox Branch
- Port Coquitlam City Hall
- Port Coquitlam Centre (Bay 1 - Braid Station) (Bay 3 - Port Coquitlam Station)
- Port Coquitlam Station (Bay 6)
- Port Coquitlam TrainBus/ West Coast Express
- Formerly route 159 Port Coquitlam Centre/New Westminster Station
- November 1999 - Route made wheelchair accessible and bike racks installed for use
- January 2002 - Terminus relocated to Braid Station with the opening of the Millenium Line, introduced the evening and weekend services
- The route runs out of Port Coquitlam Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF , New Flyer Industries C40LF and New Flyer Industries C40LFR models.
- ↑ Route Frequency Table, bctransit.com, retrieved 12-12-2009
- ↑ Bus service comes to the new Braid Millennium Station January 7, 2002, translink.ca, retrieved 08-12-2009